J74A85

Can we start gather documents, as we received our Noa2 already?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi guys!

Hope everyone doing great here.

I just want to ask some info here.We received our Noa2 last October 28,2015.I read in some,members here that getting police clearance will takes a week. I am currently working here in Hongkong,,and we use Hk embassy to process our visa.I am a Filipino citizen.My question is,do we need to start request a police clearance now in the Philippines,, or we need to wait instructions from embassy?

And how to obtain police clearance in the Philippines, without my personal appearance?

Thank you so much in advance guys..

God bless us always.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi me and my fiance did the same thing we had to wait till we got our third packet to get the police clearance from Hong Kong and the NBI from the Philippines they won't do anything till you got the checklist from packet three

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Member Intro to K1 Progress Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm not sure how it works in Hongkong and the Philippines, however I've lived between multiple countries in my years and had to get a police clearance for any country I've ever live in for more than 6 months.

Just a little something to look into if you already haven't. :)

However I'd definitely suggest getting as much as you can together because when the 3rd package arrives that way you can ship it out asap and book your interview date asap as well! It took me a whole month from sending out my 3rd package to my interview date :(

I'm not sure how it works in Hongkong and the Philippines, however I've lived between multiple countries in my years and had to get a police clearance for any country I've ever live in for more than 6 months.

Just a little something to look into if you already haven't. :)

However I'd definitely suggest getting as much as you can together because when the 3rd package arrives that way you can ship it out asap and book your interview date asap as well! It took me a whole month from sending out my 3rd package to my interview date :(

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Hi :) I think you need to obtain both the clearances from HK and Ph as well?
I know it will take around ONE month for HK police to issue and mail the report directly to the embassy here, so I just went ahead and filed for the report soon I got the welcome letter from NVC long time ago, the validity is one year for HK Police Clearance.
I am not sure about the Ph. one but I think you can actually call/email the police department in Ph and ask. And I also know there are ways for you to obtain the report without you being there, it's actually stated on the website of the department state.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

First,congratulations to both of you,FloraLau Mendez. I saw on your timeline that you just got approved today...;-). And thank you for your clear reply to my question here.It help me clears up my mind..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys!

Hope everyone doing great here.

I just want to ask some info here.We received our Noa2 last October 28,2015.I read in some,members here that getting police clearance will takes a week. I am currently working here in Hongkong,,and we use Hk embassy to process our visa.I am a Filipino citizen.My question is,do we need to start request a police clearance now in the Philippines,, or we need to wait instructions from embassy?

And how to obtain police clearance in the Philippines, without my personal appearance?

Thank you so much in advance guys..

God bless us always.

I can tell you exactly what I did when I obtained my clearance without having to show up in person in Philippines.

From experience, it was kinda stressful to get the NBI clearance and got that sent over to Australia where I lived in the short amount of time I had. When I got my interview date (over a month after I got my NOA2) I was only given 2 weeks to gather all documents so I got that rescheduled for another 2 weeks and that gave me 4 weeks in total. I went to the Philippine Consulate to apply for my NBI clearance 2 days after I got my initial interview date. Here's exactly what I did. So I went in there, fill out the NBI application form, officer check the form and requirements (bring your passport, copy of data page of your passport, 1 passport photo and a notary fee of AU45), paid at the counter, I was asked to get back to the processing counter for fingerprint, then officer signed the form and asked me to send the form to NBI clearance unit (or to your representative) in the Philippines. They also told me to come back once I get the clearance for affixation of the seal and fingerprint. I didn't use any representative like my relatives to process my clearance over there so instead I did my research first to see if anyone from the NBI clearance section in the Philippines that can do it for me asap. This name came up and from what I read a few people have used her. Her name is Sandra P. Sobida and she helped me a lot! Mind you, I was gathering other documents at the same time too plus the medical exam so I couldn't make the long distance call right away. When I did, she agreed she'd do it for me asap and to send a processing fee through western union or a bank cheque and send the form attention to her at Mailed Clearance Section, NBI UN Avenue, Manila 1000, Philippines. Here's the number in case you need it: 5238231 local 5645 or 09156893113. I remember I couldn't use western union for some reason so I ended up using a bank cheque. I was kinda running out of time and so I kept calling her for an update. Soon as she received everything my NBI clearance was sent off via DHL and got it a day before my interview. I didn't have the chance to go back to the Philippine consulate cos I ran out of time. At my interview, they told me I didn't need the police clearance after all because I came to Australia when I just turned 16. Anyway, I would say that this process probably took me 3 weeks maybe less if I didn't have everything else going on all at once. So yeah all this for nothing but then again this information may help other filipinos out there who lives in overseas and wanting to obtain their NBI clearance. My sis also had to get her clearance but she didn't do what I did and no one helped her so that took longer maybe over a month or so. By the way, from what I've read in here the timeframe of NOA2 to date of interview is 2-3 months but mine was less than that so just be prepared. :energy:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Also, if you wanna do this early you can because the Philippine Consulate don't ask for a letter from the USCIS or checklist as long as you state on the form that this is for immigration purpose. NBI clearance is valid for a year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.