CHRIS AND JUNNELL

k1 info - re: work history

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, all ... wondering if any one has knowledge as to the relevance the work history has on the k1 desicion ?

We are filling in Colombia and although my fiance has worked for a long time it has been mostly through a well respected employment agency in Colombia. We are having a hard time with specifics: ie - exact dates, addresses. As well, most of these assignments were on a temporary basis.

Anyone have an idea if this info is cross checked with employers ? Or would it be best to only include her work for her uncles' water filtration company. A position she had until he down sized a year ago. But exact info. is readily avail.

Does anyone have knowledge as to the wieght this section holds on the Visa desicion ? It is my thinking that her employment history would show she is employable in her home country and is indeed seeking this visa for marriage.

To sum up; would it be best to only include one solid long term job or include the Agency work; mostly at places like "Exito".

Any opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. And if there are any Colombianas interested in corrosponding with my fiance about the process she would greatly value a female perspective.

thank you ... gracias muchisimas y suerte a todas.

salaam13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
hello, all ... wondering if any one has knowledge as to the relevance the work history has on the k1 desicion ?

We are filling in Colombia and although my fiance has worked for a long time it has been mostly through a well respected employment agency in Colombia. We are having a hard time with specifics: ie - exact dates, addresses. As well, most of these assignments were on a temporary basis.

Anyone have an idea if this info is cross checked with employers ? Or would it be best to only include her work for her uncles' water filtration company. A position she had until he down sized a year ago. But exact info. is readily avail.

Does anyone have knowledge as to the wieght this section holds on the Visa desicion ? It is my thinking that her employment history would show she is employable in her home country and is indeed seeking this visa for marriage.

To sum up; would it be best to only include one solid long term job or include the Agency work; mostly at places like "Exito".

Any opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. And if there are any Colombianas interested in corrosponding with my fiance about the process she would greatly value a female perspective.

thank you ... gracias muchisimas y suerte a todas.

salaam13

First, in my understanding the benificiary's answers just need to be complete and accurate, She does not need to be an executive...meaning, it doesn't matter what they did for work, or if they were unqemployed. If she was unemployed state that. The affidavit of support guarantees they won't be on welfare, so the line of work or 'employability' shouldn't play in too much.

Second, if she worked for a temp agency, presumably the paycheck came from the agency and not the companies she was place with. So instead of finding the individual addressess and such, just list the agency.

Hope this helps

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes, my husband had his own consulting company in Brazil and worked on about 6 contracts through that company. He got all his paychecks through that company. So, he just listed the company and not all the contracts. It makes sense, doesn't it?

No problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.