jon125

singapore police clearance

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone recently applied for a Singapore police clearance, just wondering how long process takes. We are waiting on it so fiance visa will be released (visa approved but suspended till police clearance is received by consulate). Our application arrived there over a week ago they never sent message of processing like instructions said they would and they aren't answering my e-mails either. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Has anyone recently applied for a Singapore police clearance, just wondering how long process takes. We are waiting on it so fiance visa will be released (visa approved but suspended till police clearance is received by consulate). Our application arrived there over a week ago they never sent message of processing like instructions said they would and they aren't answering my e-mails either. Thanks

We did one recently. The fiancee applied in person, and it was ready for pickup in a week (mid October)... They have quicker processing time than mentioned on their website.

She always got responses when she wrote with her questions to their email address: SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg

It has been fairly easy dealing with them for her.

Edited by N and S

Me and my fiancee are no longer in SIngapore, and I heard that it could take a while just to get the documentation back. You have to submit the request via mail, then they take time to process it, then they have to mail it back to you. All in all, I heard that it could take some time on the turnaround.

You mentioned that not having it at the interview could result in a 221g and delay the visa. Would the delay from getting a 221g be higher than delay scheduling the interview until I obtain the clearance from Singapore? Either way it seems I'm going to get a little delayed, but I prefer to take the faster route.

Timeline

My fiancee said that the officers at police clearance have said that their process is fairly quick now... a week to 10 days to get the PCC. Of course, you need to account for some time for the letter to reach you by post.

Do you have any friends in Singapore that can go over in person and submit your application?

Edited by N and S

Timeline

They replied back and said they need documentation that she was in Singapore at that time. Which i believe we don't have due to the fact she traveled under a false document because of her age at the time she was 18. They didnt know at the interview she was there she volunteered the information thats how we ended up needing it things you do 26 years ago do come back to get u I guess Always seems like a good idea at the time though.

My fiancee said that the officers at police clearance have said that their process is fairly quick now... a week to 10 days to get the PCC. Of course, you need to account for some time for the letter to reach you by post.

Do you have any friends in Singapore that can go over in person and submit your application?

It probably is quick if you are still in Singapore, but that's not an option for us. I read in other posts that it take a pretty long time when considering the time it takes to send the request over, have them complete the application, and send it back through snail mail (wish they just did it all over the internet)..

So it brings me back to my original question:

Would the delay from getting a 221g most likely be higher or lower than the delay of not scheduling the interview until I obtain the clearance from Singapore?

Timeline

Singapore police force was really good about answering questions and helping when emailing them we could not get the police clearance because we did not have documentation that she worked there it was 26 years ago we told this to U.S. consulate they required proof they could not give us clearance I gave them the e mails I had from Singapore our visa is now under administrative processing :( who knows how long that will take.But I dont believe the process would have took long maybe 3-4 weeks.

It is my understanding that to obtain a Singapore police clearance you need to submit an appeal and provide a photocopy of evidence that you require the clearance. My question is what is valid evidence? Is an approved NOA2 letter sufficient? Or do you need something from NVC saying that they are forwarding your documentation to the Manila embassy? Or do you need something actually from the embassy specifically asking for the police clearances in all countries resided?

I would like to submiit the CoC request at the earliest possible time to keep our application rolling along, but wasn't sure whether evidence of an approved NOA2 would be sufficient since it doesn't specifically ask for any police clearances in that document.

Timeline

It is my understanding that to obtain a Singapore police clearance you need to submit an appeal and provide a photocopy of evidence that you require the clearance. My question is what is valid evidence? Is an approved NOA2 letter sufficient? Or do you need something from NVC saying that they are forwarding your documentation to the Manila embassy? Or do you need something actually from the embassy specifically asking for the police clearances in all countries resided?

I would like to submiit the CoC request at the earliest possible time to keep our application rolling along, but wasn't sure whether evidence of an approved NOA2 would be sufficient since it doesn't specifically ask for any police clearances in that document.

You will need to fill out the appeal letter and the letter from the Embassy specifically asking for the PCC from all countries you resided.

If submitting and collecting in-person, their process is about 1 week long nowadays.

Good luck

Timeline

You need a request from consulate that it is required from you and evidence you were in singapore work permit or passport stamps letter from employer

Does the Certificate of Clearance typically get sent back to the requester's home address or does it get sent directly to the Consulate in Manila?

Timeline

Does the Certificate of Clearance typically get sent back to the requester's home address or does it get sent directly to the Consulate in Manila?

they send to consulate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.