Ellie and Fron

Getting Passport Back (Dominican Republic)

227 posts in this topic

Still waiting.

My fiancee is utterly panicing at this point and assuming something is wrong. "Your government said to me one week, it is now almost three." How do I respond to this? Her first experience with coming to America is one where she believes that an embassy official basically lied to her.

What's becoming a true issue is her passport is being held by the embassy and she has plans to travel during the holiday season.

My I-129F was held hostage in Texas for 175 days and now my life is being held hostage at the embassy. How do these people go to sleep at night knowing that they are playing with human lives like it is nothing.

Michael

-RMS

Whats your status say? Remember it could be a lot worst. My timeline can't reflect the pain and debt my wait is causing me.

My response to those same questions were hey its the same federal govt I work for with a Caribbean mix to it. They will get around to it at some point its just going to take some pushing and poking.

Edited by trinaqueen
K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

It just says administrative processing.

This process and its delays have put us literally tens of thousands of dollars in debt. My fiancée is 100% financially dependent on me, and each day of delay has just added to the financial pain. That didn't seem to matter to anyone at the USCIS, nor as it seems now, the embassy. Anyone that thinks the cost of living in the DR is so much less than here is wrong. This process financially crippled me. I'm convinced the process is set up to encourage failure, not happiness.

It just says administrative processing.

This process and its delays have put us literally tens of thousands of dollars in debt. My fiancée is 100% financially dependent on me, and each day of delay has just added to the financial pain. That didn't seem to matter to anyone at the USCIS, nor as it seems now, the embassy. Anyone that thinks the cost of living in the DR is so much less than here is wrong. This process financially crippled me. I'm convinced the process is set up to encourage failure, not happiness.

-RMS

We are in the same boat. I'll be sending money AGAIN by Western Union in the am. (Sniff sniff) I have my senator emailing them again now. That was helpful in getting a response other than "you have to wait 60 days."

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi everyone,i have found this forum after long time of search on cases having the same situation as me. My interview was at 2nd of Nov, getting approval on my visa with No extra docs needed. And my visa status stucks in Ready since then. Pls tell me do i have to worry as i am the only one who didnt receive her visa issued in the other forum which people there had their interviews around my unterview date :(

Nov 2?!...read the stories in this thread

Our passport did not say issued until two days prior to exactly 3 weeks from our appointment. We were able to pick it up exactly 3 weeks from our appt. keep in mind that the embassy was closed on the 9th and 10th. Good Luck

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys !! I have been reading this thread since day 1 so i felt i had to share my pain too, you are not alone in this abbys. We got approved on Oct 19 and our case remained in ready (Inmigrant) till Oct 23 when it changed to "Ready and open for interview" (Non- inmigrant) sonce then they havent update our case. I dont know whats going on but this process has not been easy for us. Lets not loose our hopes !! Sending positive energy to all of you. God is good.

Edited by Maira&Luis

I escalated this with whoever took my call at ustraveldocs. I told I appreciated her script reading, but you don't tell a beneficiary that the visa is approved and she will receive it in a week and provide no reason for any delay. Our case was as clear as could be and I asked the desk agent in the embassy twice to confirm that everything we were required to provide was given to her. She answered definitively, yes. She said 60 days. I said I would be calling everyday and asking for an escalation. I had this same BS during the NOA2 wait and you get no where unless you pester and insist.

-RMS

Ok, did you know there are 2 types of escalations? When you read the response or if it just says wait 60 days that’s from a call center "upper mgmt" person. You can keep argue with them and have it "escalated to post". This is when the embassy really gets the message. I was stuck getting the "upper mgmt" replies until I figured this out.

You have to come up with an specific issue to make them escalate your case to post. I think you should ask, what is the process on getting your passport back in case its needed by XXX date. I seriously doubt the call center is trained to answer that. And if they try, it wont be the exact/correct answer. You will be able to see on the ustraveldocs site under feedback which level of escalation your case is at. If its not on the correct one or if they come back with wait 60 days...then call back and tell them that's not correct.

And don't get smart with them...just stick to your question and keep on repeating it.

Edited by trinaqueen

Oh yes, I told them I want this escalated to the embassy. It makes no sense to have one of my two visas listed as ready and the other as not. I had this ####### with the NOA2 and after emailing my senator's office everyday for more than six weeks, I got out of the TSC.

-RMS

ok, just monitor the status under feedback and look for "to post"...otherwise its not really going (even if they said yeah yeah i hear you)

Here you go. Not a problem...I learned this on my own after popping a few advils

post-212992-0-88891300-1447862207_thumb.jpg

Edited by trinaqueen

Yes it says "Immigrant Visa Information" with status Escalated on it.

What do we do now, assume the government will deal with this in its course or who can I bother. I am relentless (politely) when it comes to this stuff.

-RMS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.