Ellie and Fron

Getting Passport Back (Dominican Republic)

227 posts in this topic

Yes trina mine has been ready Noninmigrant since oct 23rd, im so glad yours changed. Praying for all of us that we can have our passports back soon.

Let me ask, it said ready but what did your case creation date say?? Mine updated to AP non immigrant today too and the date changed... So all three of us who have been waiting a long time get AP today... This better be a real good sign for us!! I'm so excited!!

Maira, I'm confused on your status....What does it say right now? You are saying on the 23rd your case changed to AP Non Immigrant.

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

High Five to that! I'm hoping TODAY

K1 Process20157/15 Sent I-129F7/27 RFE Received and Replied Same Day7/29 NOA1 (electronic)-text, email and website 8/6 NOA1 (hard copy)8/13 NOA2 (electronic)-email and website 8/17 NOA2 (hard copy)9/11 NVC Received9/14 NVC Case # Assigned9/30 Left NVC and Embassy "received" after extended AP10/7 Emergency Interview11/16....approved but waiting in the black hole AP AGAIN!11/20 AP finally changed to non-immigrant AP11/24 ISSUED11/25 Visa in Hand and Headed to the airport!!! AOS in 2016Filed 2/4/16Combo Card In hand 4/21/16<p>Interview scheduled 10/17/16 Approved on the spot

Another ending to another disappointing day. Really thought this could be the day. The visa is just sitting in non-immigrant status at this point and doing nothing since the 18th.

-RMS

Yeahhhhhh same here!!

Yes also issued. Thanks for posting...I didnt want to check while driving. We need that in hand today. Flight booked!!

I am so beyond happy for everyone that was issued last night. It has always been my style to cheer for folks that share a common bond with me, this one being one that uniformly brings together people on a long and arduous journey I am immensely happy for everyone that is beginning to peal off of this forum as their visas are issued.

@Trinaqueen, if you were in front of me I would hug you and repeat thank you over and over again. You have been such a big behind the scenes help with patience and answering even the benign if not stupid questions I have asked you.

Maybe today will be our day. My fiancee's son's visa status turned from "ready" to AP this morning, meaning both are now in the Non-immigrant AP status. It still pains me inside that this journey started last March and I'm struggling to the finish line still. I pictured bringing my fiancee to meet my parents as I see them only once a year, but the government did not consult with my travel plans. If we can just get to issued I know that we will have a happy thanksgiving no matter what country we are in.

Hoping for nothing but good things for everyone as your visa journey continues.

Michael (and Maria)

-RMS

Awwhhhh (chill bumps) Thanks so much...HUGGGGGG RIGHT BACK. No question is stupid, it's been a huge learning process for all of us. A lot of hours of digging for clues and guidance! My FB friends will be happy when my journey #Pedro2theUS is complete, LOL

Keep us posted on the progress for sure

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am happy for all of you. It is my 22nd day of waiting after the interview and still stuck at Ready hoping i am the next of you for the end of this exhausting journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.