Clifford27

Application possibly being abandoned (60 Days)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

We got a letter in the mail the other day that basically said that we had 60 days from the date of the letter to persue the visa or it will be considered abandoned.

it states the following:

If you wish to pursue this fiance (e) visa application, please complete the required forms and send them to the IV unit at the above address as soon as possible. Please include a sworn statement from your U.S. Citizen finance(e) indicating that he or she is legally free to marry and intends to marry you within 90 days of your legal entry into the United States.

Now I am not sure what forms still need to be filled out, as we have done all of the paper work, but just don't have an interview booked. There was a sworn statement from my finance in the original package that was sent. Is that no longer good?

I am consider that the stuff we have already done is going to be lost and we will be back at square one. We have paid all the fees and have been waiting for an interview time that works.

Plus the letter doesn't have a mailing address its just an email address so do we scan stuff and send it to them? I can't get anyone on the phone that knows what this letter is referring to or how to deal with it. Which makes me worried we have to start all over.

HELP!

Timeline

If you are currently at the NVC, call them to confirm the email and the missing information.

What do you mean by NVC?

This was the response I got from an email I sent, so based off this I am just going to keep checking for an interview date and book it. As it seems that we just need to bring a current letter signed by my finance to the interview.

Good morning,

Thank you for your email!

No, you do not need to send a letter to us. Please check back periodically as appointments will open up in the near future. On the day of the interview the consular officer will be able to revalidate your petition.

Best regards,

OP11

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

What do you mean by NVC?

This was the response I got from an email I sent, so based off this I am just going to keep checking for an interview date and book it. As it seems that we just need to bring a current letter signed by my finance to the interview.

Good morning,

Thank you for your email!

No, you do not need to send a letter to us. Please check back periodically as appointments will open up in the near future. On the day of the interview the consular officer will be able to revalidate your petition.

Best regards,

OP11

NVC....means...National Visa Centre.

Timeline

OP.....the letter that you rec'd where did it came from ?????

Letter came from:

Consulate General of the United States of America - Montreal, Canada - Immigrant Visa Unit

It was mailed to my Finance in the US, not to me in Canada.

and thanks for the help its appreciated.

Timeline

Letter came from:

Consulate General of the United States of America - Montreal, Canada - Immigrant Visa Unit

It was mailed to my Finance in the US, not to me in Canada.

and thanks for the help its appreciated.

Oh K ...good thing you confirm by emailing them and got a respond...maybe its a letter in error.

Timeline

Oh K ...good thing you confirm by emailing them and got a respond...maybe its a letter in error.

I think the letter was just in reference to our process had been dormant because we hadn't schedule an appointment. We got to the appointment stage awhile ago but hadn't proceed to book one because we had some emergencies with in the family and that stuff took precedent over this, but we have been seeing each other and just recently started looking for appointments again in the last 2 weeks.

Its my understanding that we have 1 year from time of payment as its not refundable - this info came from someone over the phone. So I would think that this was a letter making sure that we will still going forward with the K1 Visa.

We have reached out to them via email and got that response, and will bring a new intent letter to the interview and hopefully everything else will be fine.

Fingers Crossed.

Timeline

I think the letter was just in reference to our process had been dormant because we hadn't schedule an appointment. We got to the appointment stage awhile ago but hadn't proceed to book one because we had some emergencies with in the family and that stuff took precedent over this, but we have been seeing each other and just recently started looking for appointments again in the last 2 weeks.

Its my understanding that we have 1 year from time of payment as its not refundable - this info came from someone over the phone. So I would think that this was a letter making sure that we will still going forward with the K1 Visa.

We have reached out to them via email and got that response, and will bring a new intent letter to the interview and hopefully everything else will be fine.

Fingers Crossed.

oh k ...that sounds more like it. I recall while I was at NVC I didn't respond to them for my IV and AOS package and I got an email saying that I have one year to contact them via email/mail an or telephone .

yes you should get a new letter of intend.

Good luck :)

Timeline

oh k ...that sounds more like it. I recall while I was at NVC I didn't respond to them for my IV and AOS package and I got an email saying that I have one year to contact them via email/mail an or telephone .

yes you should get a new letter of intend.

Good luck :)

Already have it and signed, and was put in the mail. So the original will be with me when I go in for the interview.

Thanks for the responses.

Timeline

Have you check your status on this website?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Sometimes, they won't tell you what you need to do over mail or email but they tell you what to do or where they are with the process on here. If they need something, I would assume, they would post it here.

Timeline

Have you check your status on this website?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Sometimes, they won't tell you what you need to do over mail or email but they tell you what to do or where they are with the process on here. If they need something, I would assume, they would post it here.

This site states everything as Ready and that the case was updated as of yesterday Oct 14, 2015

So I have to think they have done something on their end and I just need to wait for an interview slot to open up.

Status Updated Date: 14-Oct-2015

Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment.

You need to book an interview within 4 months of the NOA2.

Did you guys send in package 3? You must have if you have to schedule and interview. Have you read our guides here?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You need to book an interview within 4 months of the NOA2.

Did you guys send in package 3? You must have if you have to schedule and interview. Have you read our guides here?

Yep gone through the guides and they have been a very big help for us from the start when we sent in the first package.

Everything seems fine now, and we just need to find an interview date. I have been checking the site multiple times daily hoping something opens up.

Hope they open up some dates soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Inappropriate post removed along with one quoting it. Post constructive or do not post.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.