ZoloStorm

Please help! Montreal Consulate Appointments Are Not Open!

157 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's all agree to post on this blog entry as soon as someone gets an interview. If we post, then the rest of us will get an email of it and then hopefully we can book one. Congratulations everyone who got an interview! Does anyone think it is worthwhile to try to transfer the application to the Vancouver office?

Timeline

Hmm.. That is strange.. Did u try starting all over again by creating a new account and then adding the applicants into the new account??

Also while creating the account, did you select that you need to schedule a K Visa appointment?

I did select the K visa appointment while setting it up. I was thinking about the possibility of starting the process of making an account all over again but was concerned that it may mess things up for us. I also am not sure as I just have the one e-mail address and do not see a delete account button anywhere in my profile....

Does anyone have any experience with starting a new account and deleting the old one? Do you all think its safe to try? I don't want to delay or jeopardize our visa in any way.

Timeline

Let's all agree to post on this blog entry as soon as someone gets an interview. If we post, then the rest of us will get an email of it and then hopefully we can book one. Congratulations everyone who got an interview! Does anyone think it is worthwhile to try to transfer the application to the Vancouver office?

I agree and will post as soon as I have something booked at MTL.

As for Vancouver, is that an option to transfer to that office? I was under the impression its not, or I would have paid for the flight to get this done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No - you cannot transfer offices...or else everyone would be scrambling for Vancouver :)

I agree and will post as soon as I have something booked at MTL.

As for Vancouver, is that an option to transfer to that office? I was under the impression its not, or I would have paid for the flight to get this done.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I was told we can transfer to Vancouver but they cannot give us any estimate on how long it will take and we would have to start back at Step 1 in Vancouver. So the attempt to transfer does not appear to be worthwhile.

Timeline

I was told we can transfer to Vancouver but they cannot give us any estimate on how long it will take and we would have to start back at Step 1 in Vancouver. So the attempt to transfer does not appear to be worthwhile.

Wouldn't the file just be transferred to Vancouver, and the appointment be booked there?

What else would you have to do with Vancouver? If you haven't had an appointment with Montreal already there really isn't much to start over, as the fee has been paid.

Anyway I am hopefully that stuff will open up soon at Montreal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes. It will help everyone here for people to post updates once they have secured an interview date with montreal. I believe that they will open slots this week. I hope so for eveyone of us that has been waiting for some time already.

Timeline

If you try to transfer to Vancouver, I was told they do not continue where Montreal left off. Instead, your application starts anew with Vancouver as if the petition had been approved and the National Visa Center sent the file to Vancouver. So you do not get "credit" for the steps completed in Montreal.

I will definitely post as soon as get an interview. Thank you to everyone for the support and posts.

Timeline

We have to just keep checking the site throughout the day every day. My fiancé and I have not heard anything. We were told, as usual, to keep checking the webpage for interview appointments.

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I did a little research to see why Montreal would have closed the appointment dates for K visas.

I checked that the most immigrant visa cases that Montreal receives are either CR1 or K Visas.

Since there are no appointments available for K visas, i would assume that they are probably booked with CR1 visa dates assigned by NVC.

To my surprise i checked the CR1 visajourney timelines to get an idea on how busy Montreal would be with those cases, but i don't see more than 2 interviews in the month of November and December.

Even if i consider that visa journey timelines comprise of 20% of the real number of applicants, even then the total interviews would amount to 10 for the month of November and December.

Thus i completely fail to understand with what kind of cases is Montreal busy with.

Any thoughts fellow visajourney members?

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Timeline

Just schedule for Jan 5, 2016 at 7:40am

Looks like there is alot of dates in January and Feb.

Happy to have something booked and ready to have this get one step closer to being completed.

Good Luck Everyone.

Edited by Clifford27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.