HeavensAngel

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING ?? Any one from ISLAMABAD

14 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I had my interview yesterday at American embassy at Islamabad for K-1 fiancé visa !

When I was asked for my fingerprints at the counter ,During that process I have seen my file , and on top of that it was stamped "APPROVED" , I was happy as I already know I am gonna approved.

Than I was called to another counter for payment of visa fee and I have seen my file again with " APPROVED" page on top of it .

Than finally I was called upon for my interview and seen my file again stating "APPROVED" . I was happy as I knew it's approved .

But than begins the interview ,I greeted the CO ,there were two white men ,CO & his colleague ,he asked me following questions?

He took my left hand finger prints again

Q:U spend some time in UK?

I replied ....studies & work .

Q: than was asked for any of my family member outside Pak

I replied ..no

Q:He asked me about my wedding plans ?

I told him ...

Q:he asked me what my family think about that marriage ?

I replied...

I don't know what was that but he was pointing on computer screen and talking to his colleague ( something he don't seem to be agreed / or happy ..God knows what ?)

Than he told me we are putting you in Adminstratibe processing AP, and than told me contact them after 1 month (if I don't hear from them call/ email them )

The whole time of my interview I was confident and peaceful ,just for a little while when he said about AP, but I greeted them and wish them a gud day ( DONT know it was a good sign to say as I was confident when he said they putting me in AP, and I said OK).

My quarry is ,was it my hardluck or something ?

As they didn't ask me anything about my FIANCÉ ,and didn't ask about any of the document neither mine / nor my fiancé .they didn't give me any clue what I'm missing or why I'm being held in AP

ANY ONE PLS COMMENT AS I AM REALLY FEELING LOW, we already make plans of our marriage etc...

Is this normal that u see yourself APPROVED & than CO PUT U IN AP????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AP can last for a few days while they put your visa package together or it can last months or years. No one really knows why you were put in AP could be they want to do more background checks on you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

you never know what happens behind the scenes. The "approval" could have been for something else. But don't feel down. Most people will get some kind of AP in Islamabad. Just hang in there. If your case is straightforward and doesn't have red flags, it should be resolved relatively quickly. Best of luck.

Timeline

Every case is a different case and no one from AP can predict the length of your AP. Just stay positive and it will be over if there are no complications in your case. ISB Embassy is doing pretty good recently and issued plenty of visas, so keep your hopes high.

Timeline

I am trying to ..thanks anyways ,it's just like u are lost in the middle of somewhere :(

Just pray. :) I know it's not that easy to stay calm instead of worrying, but try not to worry. It may be a short AP, or they just want to double check something. It could be anything. Just pray and have hope. :) inshallah soon you'll be in the USA with your fiancée.

Is there anywhere we can find the ..consular /caseworker average time of ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING , for American embassy in ISLAMABAD ???

Plus does it matter if CO SAYS contact them after 1month if not heard from them ?

As in form 221(g) it says contact them after 2months ??

Timeline

Unfortunately there is no real amount of time they can tell you. They usually say however long it takes it will take. Some people are in AP for a few weeks while others are in AP for years. I'm guessing if you would contact th either within a month or two they give the same response they give everyone that they will contact you if they need something until then just wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi there!

I had my interview yesterday at American embassy at Islamabad for K-1 fiancé visa !

When I was asked for my fingerprints at the counter ,During that process I have seen my file , and on top of that it was stamped "APPROVED" , I was happy as I already know I am gonna approved.

Than I was called to another counter for payment of visa fee and I have seen my file again with " APPROVED" page on top of it .

Than finally I was called upon for my interview and seen my file again stating "APPROVED" . I was happy as I knew it's approved .

But than begins the interview ,I greeted the CO ,there were two white men ,CO & his colleague ,he asked me following questions?

He took my left hand finger prints again

Q:U spend some time in UK?

I replied ....studies & work .

Q: than was asked for any of my family member outside Pak

I replied ..no

Q:He asked me about my wedding plans ?

I told him ...

Q:he asked me what my family think about that marriage ?

I replied...

I don't know what was that but he was pointing on computer screen and talking to his colleague ( something he don't seem to be agreed / or happy ..God knows what ?)

Than he told me we are putting you in Adminstratibe processing AP, and than told me contact them after 1 month (if I don't hear from them call/ email them )

The whole time of my interview I was confident and peaceful ,just for a little while when he said about AP, but I greeted them and wish them a gud day ( DONT know it was a good sign to say as I was confident when he said they putting me in AP, and I said OK).

My quarry is ,was it my hardluck or something ?

As they didn't ask me anything about my FIANCÉ ,and didn't ask about any of the document neither mine / nor my fiancé .they didn't give me any clue what I'm missing or why I'm being held in AP

ANY ONE PLS COMMENT AS I AM REALLY FEELING LOW, we already make plans of our marriage etc...

Is this normal that u see yourself APPROVED & than CO PUT U IN AP????

Don't worry and you will get the passport soon with your visa. As someone has mentioned AP is varies from person to person. Anything that happens in the embassy after an approved interview is called AP even stamping the visa and sending to AmEX or FedEx etc.

Administrative Process of DHS (Department of Homeland Security) is fairly different than the AP at the embassy (Dept. of State). There is a set criteria given to Dept. of State with set rules that apply to a set of candidates which meet a certain criteria from country of interest to DHS and Pakistan is one. I suspect your case can be forwarded to AP of DHS in which embassy will rely on an approval from DHS and this takes a minimum of one month, because of your stay in UK and US DHS is integrated with UK Border agency to get concrete information about you etc.

I came across a case in which someone was a beneficiary of spouse visa get reject after the AP when they find out about the beneficiary had tried the same kind benefit from a British citizen etc.

Again, you don't need to worry about anything if you are all clear but you need to sit back and relax. There may be a delay but you get approval once it all come out clean.

Ok sure thanks for taking time to comment !

I will sit back and wait but it's hard to relax ,hope things goes smooth tho.

How long AP STATUS being updated on CEAC website ??

By saying that I mean I know it has to be in AP for several weeks ,months etc. but the if the date changes often ,is it a good sign & if some one know after how many date changing ..they finally see their status changed ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Timeline

My wife case put on AP since 02/24/16 interview, no status change, CO said to contact in 1 month.

Please share any suggestion and experience. What is a best way to make it faster.

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.