Amhara

Stuck in READY

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Same here.. Was approved on Sept 9th and since then CEAC status is Ready for interview..

However Status updated date has changed to Sept 22 from Sept 9th.

Also the passport tracker website now says, No status update available on the passport number submitted.

When I email ustraveldocs support they have the generic response with no real updates > Your case is being processed..

Frustrating..

AOS Journey:
USCIS received AOS (GC/EAD/AP) packet - Dec 22nd
I-797c for GC/EAD/AP - Jan 4th
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
USCIS update:case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (GC case no. only) - Feb 2/16
Submitted Service Request for EAD - Mar 7/16
EAD/AP approved and card in production - Mar 14/16
EAD/AP combo card in hand - Mar 19/16
Submitted Service Request for I-485 - Jun 21/16
I-485 Service Request reply (saying interview shall be scheduled in next 90 days) - Aug 13/16
I-485 case status update, email and text saying Interview scheduled for Sep 19/16 - Aug 18/16
I-485 interview - Sep 19/16
I-485 interview approved and green card in production - Sep 19/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Applied I-129f - March 27/2015
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Petition Approved - June 10
Medical - Aug 10/2015
Interview(Approved) - Sep 9/2015
CEAC status (Under admin processing) - Sept 29/2015
CEAC status (Visa issued) - Sept 30/2015
Port of Entry - New Jersey
Got Married - October 2015

Same here.. Was approved on Sept 9th and since then CEAC status is Ready for interview..

However Status updated date has changed to Sept 22 from Sept 9th.

Also the passport tracker website now says, No status update available on the passport number submitted.

When I email ustraveldocs support they have the generic response with no real updates > Your case is being processed..

Frustrating..

What embassy are you waiting at, himanshu?

I wonder why cases seem to be stuck from the beginning of September? Not all cases, but at least a few here.

I called NVC this morning, but they didn't have any news for me. Only that we received an email recently.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

It's New Delhi, India embassy.. They won't escalate my case to embassy any more and give the generic response. Wait and just wait, lol..

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
USCIS update:case is ready to be scheduled for an interview (GC case no. only) - Feb 2/16
I-485 Service Request reply (saying interview shall be scheduled in next 90 days) - Aug 13/16
I-485 case status update, email and text saying Interview scheduled for Sep 19/16 - Aug 18/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

It's New Delhi, India embassy.. They won't escalate my case to embassy any more and give the generic response. Wait and just wait, lol..

Maybe we are all stuck in some sort of DoS "quality review"? Hopefully our wait is near it's end!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

This evening I see a change in the status. The Status updated date has changed to Sept 29th and my Case status has changed from

Ready to Administrative Processing.

Hope this gets changed to Issued :rolleyes: ..

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

This evening I see a change in the status. The Status updated date has changed to Sept 29th and my Case status has changed from

Ready to Administrative Processing.

Hope this gets changed to Issued :rolleyes: ..

Good news, himanshu! I suspect yours should change to Issued by tomorrow or at least within three to five days! Keep us posted!

Any movement for anyone else?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Now I worry as my petition expires on Oct 9th 2015 and I don't think i will be able to travel before this date. I have seen some cases here

on VJ forum, where people were denied at POE because their petition expired even though they had a valid visa. This is scary.

Anyone knows how to get my petition expiration date extended ? Better to be safe then sorry I think..

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

Now I worry as my petition expires on Oct 9th 2015 and I don't think i will be able to travel before this date. I have seen some cases here

on VJ forum, where people were denied at POE because their petition expired even though they had a valid visa. This is scary.

Anyone knows how to get my petition expiration date extended ? Better to be safe then sorry I think..

The embassy can easily extend the petition and they typically do. You can email them and ask them to do so. I saw that story too. I think we will be emailing the embassy asking for the petition to be extended just in case. That really shouldn't have happened.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I email usem manila about my visa status then got email from usem manila today. But in ceac still AP.

We have now approved the visa. Barring unforeseen problems, the visa packet will be delivered to your designated address by guaranteed courier service.

We advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until the visa is actually delivered to the applicant.

I email usem manila about my visa status then got email from usem manila today. But in ceac still AP.

We have now approved the visa. Barring unforeseen problems, the visa packet will be delivered to your designated address by guaranteed courier service.

We advise our clients not to finalize travel plans, dispose of their properties, or give up jobs until the visa is actually delivered to the applicant.

I was seeing some KBL cases that took about a week after their K-1 changed from Nonimmigrant-Ready to Nonimmigrant-AP. So this is the last step!

Why do some take longer than others?? But it should be Issued before this week ends! Let us know!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

My visa status shows that it is issued today.. :joy: Hope I get my passport soon now..

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

My visa status shows that it is issued today.. :joy: Hope I get my passport soon now..

Congratulations!!!!!!

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Thanks.. What's your status update Amhara?

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

Thanks.. What's your status update Amhara?

The embassy said that they received his medical report (which was received two months before the email), and they are working on assembling his final visa package for issuance. They said since they have a lot of cases, it may take a few days before it's finalized. They also called him my client! :ranting:

They have been working on his final issuance for the past 28 days and we've been 21 days without an update! I seen at least four new cases that were updated either two days ago (Sept 29th) or last night (Sept 30th). Previously they all were in "Ready" and now two of them are in "AP". They were created in the early half of June; created about 50 days after us. Based on Internet chatter, these cases had their interviews in September.
I know in my head that comparing yourself only steals your joy, but my heart sinks each day I wake up and I see "READY" and September 10th. I want to believe that it will change in a few days, but after 28 days of that hope, your joy starts to fade anyway.
It's coming! It's coming. It's coming.... It's coming???

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

The embassy said that they received his medical report (which was received two months before the email), and they are working on assembling his final visa package for issuance. They said since they have a lot of cases, it may take a few days before it's finalized. They also called him my client! :ranting:

They have been working on his final issuance for the past 28 days and we've been 21 days without an update! I seen at least four new cases that were updated either two days ago (Sept 29th) or last night (Sept 30th). Previously they all were in "Ready" and now two of them are in "AP". They were created in the early half of June; created about 50 days after us. Based on Internet chatter, these cases had their interviews in September.
I know in my head that comparing yourself only steals your joy, but my heart sinks each day I wake up and I see "READY" and September 10th. I want to believe that it will change in a few days, but after 28 days of that hope, your joy starts to fade anyway.
It's coming! It's coming. It's coming.... It's coming???

You should get the actual status from the office of congressman.. They can pull out the actual status for you..

AOS Journey:
Biometrics - Jan 26/16
Green card in hand -
K1 Journey :
Received RFE - May 10
Replied to RFE - May 16
Medical - Aug 10/2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.