zorus40k

Several questions about an interview in Kyiv

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone, re-posting this from regional sub-forum since it is kinda dead, if moderators don't mind of course

wanted to ask for your advice with my situation or maybe to hear some similar experiences of other K1 couples

I'll describe briefly my situation

On the 25th of August embassy sent me an email about acceptance of our case

and in several days I've got hard-copy through the regular mail

On the 4th of September I've had medical in Kyiv

everything went fine, fast and smooth except one thing

they've sent me to do sputum test in 2 weeks (14,15,16)

done with morning coughing at medical center

And so now I'm basically waiting for results, and it takes 2 month

On the 16th of November results will be available, they will call me to notify me that i'm negative on tb

On the 19th of November embassy will have results of now complete medical examination (nurse at medical centre told me that thursday is the only day of the week when they are sending results to embassy)

now heading to my questions

1. What should I do or what can I do with an interview

I have not paid $265 MRV fee in Raiffeisen Bank Aval yet

should I pay and try to set an appointment for an early date if possible

or should I set an appointment for the date after 19th of November

2. In my ds160 I picked "Oct, 1 2015" as the "Intended date of arrival" (we didn't expect those weird complications)

I guess my visa won't be issued any time earlier than results of medical November

so should I create new one? or can I use this with the earlier date? is it okay to have several ds160 filled

3. Are there any other fees needed at this point other than MRV fee?

Oh, what a day, what a lovely day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everyone, re-posting this from regional sub-forum since it is kinda dead, if moderators don't mind of course
wanted to ask for your advice with my situation or maybe to hear some similar experiences of other K1 couples
I'll describe briefly my situation
On the 25th of August embassy sent me an email about acceptance of our case
and in several days I've got hard-copy through the regular mail
On the 4th of September I've had medical in Kyiv
everything went fine, fast and smooth except one thing
they've sent me to do sputum test in 2 weeks (14,15,16)
done with morning coughing at medical center
And so now I'm basically waiting for results, and it takes 2 month
On the 16th of November results will be available, they will call me to notify me that i'm negative on tb
On the 19th of November embassy will have results of now complete medical examination (nurse at medical centre told me that thursday is the only day of the week when they are sending results to embassy)
now heading to my questions
1. What should I do or what can I do with an interview
I have not paid $265 MRV fee in Raiffeisen Bank Aval yet
should I pay and try to set an appointment for an early date if possible
or should I set an appointment for the date after 19th of November
2. In my ds160 I picked "Oct, 1 2015" as the "Intended date of arrival" (we didn't expect those weird complications)
I guess my visa won't be issued any time earlier than results of medical November
so should I create new one? or can I use this with the earlier date? is it okay to have several ds160 filled
3. Are there any other fees needed at this point other than MRV fee?

1. I would probably schedule the interview for after you get the results, you can't get approved without the medical. Their scheduling system is quite easy and flexible, so you could schedule for say the 20th or just after, then change it if you don't have the results.

2. I think you would be ok with the original DS160, that is just an intended date. You did hit the submit, not just save? If you just saved it you can go back in and edit it.

3. The only other fee at this point would be if you get your passport delivered to your address after the visa is issued, it is just 60 grn.

Also, check the expiration date of your NOA2, make sure you are still valid when you are intending to have your interview. If not, contact the embassy and they can extend the expiration date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Now that you have a good answer, going ahead and moving this back into the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus regional forum. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.