Sawa N Ab

New Delhi K1 process??

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The Bunny&Ninja case is interesting and I trying not to tell my fiance about it which is hard because it increased my anxiety level of not being there. When I read about a few of the bad experiences, it always involves the Chinese American CO and I dont want to tell him about her because it might jinx's ourselves and we get her or make him look extra nervous at the interview.

Well we the embassy received our case last week so I think they sent it out but I dont know what address we used so it could go to Delhi or Guwahati, which scares me about it being lost in the mail. Thanks for telling me not to deal with the embassy and just use the UStraveldocs email address.

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The Bunny&Ninja case is interesting and I trying not to tell my fiance about it which is hard because it increased my anxiety level of not being there. When I read about a few of the bad experiences, it always involves the Chinese American CO and I dont want to tell him about her because it might jinx's ourselves and we get her or make him look extra nervous at the interview.

Well we the embassy received our case last week so I think they sent it out but I dont know what address we used so it could go to Delhi or Guwahati, which scares me about it being lost in the mail. Thanks for telling me not to deal with the embassy and just use the UStraveldocs email address.

Thankfully the Bunny&Ninja case doesn't have too much to do with either of us. For one it's a IR-1/CR-1 Visa, the couple has a massive twenty year age gap, she makes 10 times what he makes, they met during her travels to India, and he was a member/representative of the travel company she used. His boss never approved of him dating/marrying the client. There's definitely a lot more red flags/difficulties (unfortunately for them, and I hope they power through) than either of our two cases has put together.

As far as the Chinese CO, and the whole "Dragon Lady" I'm highly skeptical its the same woman from Lagos some people are claiming she may be. I think there's just a hard Chinese lady at numerous Embassies (I found mentions of a Dragon Lady in Lagos, The UK, Australia, India, etc.) My guess is that there's also a bunch of friendly Chinese Ladies, but no one ever mentions them since they don't go all "Dragon Lady."

Edited by Valdfellgar

Timeline

Haha.. Thanks, that made me laugh about there being a "dragon lady" at ever embassy, which is probably true. I wish more people would go into detail talk about their success stories instead of only seeing the negative ones. I know we are fine in the interview part because we have good evidence but just the waiting kills your mind. If you can tell, I have extremely bad patience and this visa process is all about patience.

Timeline

Haha.. Thanks, that made me laugh about there being a "dragon lady" at ever embassy, which is probably true. I wish more people would go into detail talk about their success stories instead of only seeing the negative ones. I know we are fine in the interview part because we have good evidence but just the waiting kills your mind. If you can tell, I have extremely bad patience and this visa process is all about patience.

Yeah, sadly people generally don't take to forums unless they A: need help/advice or B: Need to vent frustration. For example since the 29th there's been a small handful of K-1 Visa's approved, mostly Mumbai, but some in Delhi, and none of them have bothered to write up reviews. Just human nature.

And yeah, the wait is killer. Once your fiance has stuff to gather up he'll at least be kept busy and won't really have time to dwell. I'm also really bad with patience, and a couple weeks ago I was filled with frustration about the long wait, now, two weeks later, it's a little easier and I gradually got to the point where I wasn't quite as anxious.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sara N Abhishek,

We are in the same boat as you. Our case is going to Mumbai consulate. We emailed the support india @ustraveldocs email address and got instructions that they received our case a week ago and a whole bunch of instructions to gather documents, medical examination etc. Did you do the same for delhi?

Hope our day comes soon! :)

Timeline

I emailed them yesterday but I keep getting sent to these West Africa support places. One said it could take up to 2 days to respond and the other said reply to this email. I am hoping to hear something soon. If I don't, I will try again at normal Indian business hours so maybe I will actually get the Indian support service.

I am so ready for this to be all over!

Timeline

I emailed them yesterday but I keep getting sent to these West Africa support places. One said it could take up to 2 days to respond and the other said reply to this email. I am hoping to hear something soon. If I don't, I will try again at normal Indian business hours so maybe I will actually get the Indian support service.

I am so ready for this to be all over!

That's normal, you most likely won't get Indian support. Give it a couple days and then hound them again. Let them know you know for sure the consulate has your case and that the packet is most probably lost in the mail. I never got a hold of Indian support, the others can still help you, it's just a copy and paste job for them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I got similar responses....about another country's embassy. I wrote back politely pointing out the mistake and then I got info for packet 4 download.

It is almost near the end of these steps now!!! :)

Timeline

I thought we were getting close to the end but we are having difficulty with the Thailand Police Certificate. He was only in the country for a year and 15 days, I wish we would of plan a trip abroad so that we would not have to deal with this. We had no troubles getting the Indian certificate, just wish we could say the same about the Thailand. I feel like everyone who does this process, has to deal with problems at one step so hopefully this will be just ours.

So I now have the time to wait for the packet, which will hopefully come soon.

Timeline

I thought we were getting close to the end but we are having difficulty with the Thailand Police Certificate. He was only in the country for a year and 15 days, I wish we would of plan a trip abroad so that we would not have to deal with this. We had no troubles getting the Indian certificate, just wish we could say the same about the Thailand. I feel like everyone who does this process, has to deal with problems at one step so hopefully this will be just ours.

So I now have the time to wait for the packet, which will hopefully come soon.

Ouch. Sorry the Thailand PCC is proving difficult for you guys =(. But that'll hopefully be your last big hurdle. So far everything out here has been a hell of a lot easier than we feared. We're now four days away from the interview. Feeling fairly confident, but of course nervous since it's such a big deal. Also, once approved, we'll be heading out to meet Linny's family for a "sending off" ceremony. Little nerve wracking since I've never met her dad before, and he can be apparently a bit abrasive at first, but it should be fine. The logistics though are a nightmare, because now she'll have less than two weeks to pack before we need to head to the U.S. (My dad needs us back by November, if possible, since he's getting on in years and needs help looking after the house while he's out teaching at college.)

Timeline

I know this random but if she cooks a lot of rice remember to pack the pressure cooker because they are really hard to find. I hope you interview goes well and the visit to her home will go great. You really enjoy it and it makes it easier to communicate once you met them for me at least.

Timeline

I know this random but if she cooks a lot of rice remember to pack the pressure cooker because they are really hard to find. I hope you interview goes well and the visit to her home will go great. You really enjoy it and it makes it easier to communicate once you met them for me at least.

Thanks for pointing that out! I'd forgotten about purchasing a rice cooker for her, although I did manage to find one on amazon.com for about 40, so thankfully it didn't prove too big a problem =) It should arrive back home on Monday!

We're crossing our fingers for the interview, hoping we don't get a Dragon Lady, or someone who hasn't had their coffee yet lol. Thankfully from that other thread there's been a lot more pleasant sounding COs, so I'm fairly comfortable in thinking the interview should go fine. We're both so anxious with just two days left though lol.

The family visit is so last minute. The original plan had been for her father and middle sister to visit me here, in Delhi, before we left. It was only at the last minute they decided they'd rather Linny and myself travel to Mizoram and visit them there. So there's been a lot of last minute running around, getting me a nice shirt and pants for the sending off ceremony. I also, apparently, need a permit to travel in Mizoram, as apparently it's a protected state? So that's another minor hiccup. But it will be nice to finally meet her middle sister and father, seeing as I've only ever really interacted with her oldest sister and a few phone calls with her middle sister.

Anyway just a few days and I'll be able to give you a solid rundown of the interview experience :P

Timeline

Good Luck on your interview!!!! I know yall will do great and sending positive energy to ya'll for the next couple of days!

Timeline

Good Luck on your interview!!!! I know yall will do great and sending positive energy to ya'll for the next couple of days!

Thanks! Just about to get ready here, will definitely write you a message once it's all done and then, when I can, I'll do a full write up of our experience =).

Timeline

And we are officially approved! =) We're both kinda tired, didn't get much sleep, fearing we'd miss our alarms, so I'll do a full review/write up once we are well rested ^.^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.