Katniss

Contacting Senator

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I am just wondering if contacting your senator gives a boost to your case? I am so desperate!!! I called NVC and got a representative to speak to, I didn't have to wait that long to get connected. I asked about my dad's case, same old lines. So, I asked if I can speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold. A few minutes later, she got back with me and told me that the supervisore just stepped out. Then, she told me that the supervisor sent out a note to the review department to get the DS260 reviewed faster. My dad's DS260 sat on that department for almost 2 months with nothing. It was escalated to a supervisor review because it hasn't been reviewed uet and needs attention. Now, it's going back to that same department where it sat for a long time. I asked that I SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, she never got me one. I honestly don't know what to do. THIS IS NOT FAIR AT ALL!!! IT'S REALLY HEARTBREAKING WAITING PATIENTLY FOR CASE COMPLETIONS.:( :( :(

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

My DS-260 was submitted July 8 and it's been over two months for me. All my other documents have been reviewed and have been good to go since May. I talked to a supervisor on September 2 and she told me that putting it on supervisor review means that the supervisor will request the department to review the DS-260. She told me that she's not qualified to review it. Only the people in that specific department can review it.

When I called yesterday, the rep told me that on September 2, my case was sent by the supervisor to the document review department and that I was "literally" next in line to be reviewed. I haven't received a CC yet and still don't know how long it will take.

I think you should probably talk to a supervisor.

Edited by teeak

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi! I am just wondering if contacting your senator gives a boost to your case? I am so desperate!!! I called NVC and got a representative to speak to, I didn't have to wait that long to get connected. I asked about my dad's case, same old lines. So, I asked if I can speak to a supervisor. She put me on hold. A few minutes later, she got back with me and told me that the supervisore just stepped out. Then, she told me that the supervisor sent out a note to the review department to get the DS260 reviewed faster. My dad's DS260 sat on that department for almost 2 months with nothing. It was escalated to a supervisor review because it hasn't been reviewed uet and needs attention. Now, it's going back to that same department where it sat for a long time. I asked that I SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, she never got me one. I honestly don't know what to do. THIS IS NOT FAIR AT ALL!!! IT'S REALLY HEARTBREAKING WAITING PATIENTLY FOR CASE COMPLETIONS. :( :( :(

If you ask for supervisor, they will put your case under supervisor review and Next time you call, they will say wait up to 42 days for supervisor review. I think supervisor review is a dubious move by independent contractor FCI federal to keep you in loop so they can reduce workload. I would like to see 1 case being handle quickly by supervisor. Here is possible scenario. 50 FCI Employee, 1 supervisor. IF all of them send 5 cases a week, then 1000 cases per month pending for supervisor. That's just my 2cents..

Edited by nilx25

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.