zaynab

Failed to find a job in San Diego !

38 posts in this topic

This is the same situation I am afraid of and has been discussing this to my fiance. I have been working ever since and supporting my kids as a single parent. Being jobless scares the H___ out of me.

So as early as now we have been talking about this. My fiance keeps on telling me not to stress my self over it; he can support us until I can get a job which he is very confident about it. I always wanted to be prepared so I plan to take up classes at local training centers in SD, research SDCE. Yes new immigrants are sometimes being weighted on based on our international degrees which may not be comparable with US degrees.

What country are you from, try to reach out on your local migrant community. San Diego is culturally diverse city and for sure you can find a local migrant community that can help you out.

I'm from Kuwait , I will try to find migrant community , don't be afraid , may be your fiance is different and serious with you, the husband i married with was not serious

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I know you don't want to work in retail, but in your situation i feel like it's a lot more important that you get out of that house, and away from that man than to find a prestigious and good paying job (for now). Once you have your own money, even though it might not be a lot, you are a lot more independent and able to leave him. Also, having any work experience (in the US) at all on your resume might help for future job interviews.

Do you have any friends or know anyone who would be willing to help you out? Anyone who has a spare bedroom or couch, a place for you to stay? I don't know how expensive it is to live in San Diego, but if there is any chance for you to get your own place, even on a minimum wage job, you should do it.

Your husband doesn't only sound like a bad person, he also sounds like he could be dangerous and not "only" emotionally abusive.

Edited by puffers

2012: met the woman of my life :wub:

June 2014: filed I-129F

May 2015: visa in hand - got married (L)

June 2015: filed I-485 and I-765

October 2015: EAD

November 2015: Potential Interview Waiver Notice

February 2016: AOS Case transferred to San Francisco office

March 2016: GC in hand (no interview)

I know you don't want to work in retail, but in your situation i feel like it's a lot more important that you get out of that house, and away from that man than to find a prestigious and good paying job (for now). Once you have your own money, even though it might not be a lot, you are a lot more independent and able to leave him. Also, having any work experience (in the US) at all on your resume might help for future job interviews.

Do you have any friends or know anyone who would be willing to help you out? Anyone who has a spare bedroom or couch, a place for you to stay? I don't know how expensive it is to live in San Diego, but if there is any chance for you to get your own place, even on a minimum wage job, you should do it.

Your husband doesn't only sound like a bad person, he also sounds like he could be dangerous and not "only" emotionally abusive.

You are right its more important to get out of this house, believe me i found out today that i was just wasting my time dreaming about a good job that i could have, if i was living normal life with normal husband. unfortunately i have no friends i was giving him my whole time, as soon as i have a job i will look for a small place and i know now what to do to find people in my life ,

Timeline

as soon as i have a job i will look for a small place and i know now what to do to find people in my life ,

Good to hear that.

You are right, you are wasting your time with this guy.

You deserve better!

You sound like a strong woman, so I'm confident that you'll be able to leave him and take things into your own hands. If not, never hesitate to get help. There IS help for people in your situation. If he's abusing you, there are ways for you to leave him even with no money at all. Don't let him mistreat you any longer.

These are grounds for mental abuse. seems like he think you as a liability. don't let him bring you down anymore.no wonder racial stereotypes are true sometimes. Please do not get me wrong.its just a thought.

Timeline

no wonder racial stereotypes are true sometimes. Please do not get me wrong.its just a thought.

What's that supposed to mean?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I drove through Denver yesterday and noticed there are a lot of companies with jobs available signs out, much more so than before. Always seems jobs available in retail and catering.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.