salmank4

Administrative Processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I've read many issues of AP, specially in Islamabad Embassy.

I m very nervous about my interview. I don't want to be in AP. Is any one experienced AP specially in ISLAMABAD Embassy.

My case is F2A.

If they put me in AP. What they will investigate ?

and how long they will take to issue visa..

Guys/ GIrls Pray for me :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Administrative processing is a black hole and you cant estimate how long will it take to over come this so pray that your interview doesn't go that way. And AP could be due to any reason here it is

"For the uninitiated, “administrative processing” is State Department-speak for a temporary visa refusal pending further investigation of a visa application. (9 FAM Appendix E, 404). The applicant typically learns of the temporary refusal when, at the conclusion of the interview, the consular officer issues a written notice stating that under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act no visa can be issued until additional administrative processing has been completed.”Administrative processing” may involve a request by the consular officer for a Security Advisory Opinion (SAO) from the Department as to whether the applicant poses a risk to the United States. Before issuing the SAO, the Department may in turn consult with other government agencies, such as law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

There are various types of SAOs, such as

(1) Condor SAOs, which are based on national security concerns, including a concern that the applicant may intend to engage in terrorist activity;

(2) Mantis SAOs, which are based on the applicant’s suspected access to sensitive technology with a potential military application and the unlawful exportation of that technology;

(3) Donkey and National Crime Information Center (NCIC) SAOs, which are based on name matches or “hits” occurring in various databases; and

(4) SAOs related to Communist Party members applying for K-1 or immigrant visas. Consular officers are warned not to reveal to applicants that a case has been referred to the Department for an SAO. (9 FAM Appendix E, 404).

The term “administrative processing” may also be used when the consular post has decided to perform an investigation to verify information or to check for fraud, on issues such as the legitimacy of a marriage, an applicant’s education or work experience, the authenticity of a marriage or birth certificate, etc."

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

STATUS Explanation On CEAC.GOV.

Just a little "fine tuning" after "AT NVC"...

"IN TRANSIT" means that NVC has entered your packet into the DHL system. Your status will stay "IN TRANSIT" while your packet is still physically at NVC, even though it has been entered into the DHL system (sometimes 24-48 hours), and during the time your packet is moving through the DHL system.

Your status will not turn to "READY" until the Embassy/Consulate has received your packet from DHL and physically scanned it into THEIR system. So...your packet could physically be at the Embassy/Consulate's mail site (often the mail site is a different building from the actual Embassy), and DHL could say the packet has been delivered, but until the Embassy/Consulate logs it in, it will still be "IN TRANSIT".

The case officers/consulate officers at the Embassy/Consulate will not know anything about your packet until your status changes to "READY". That is why, if you are trying to shift your interview date, you must not contact your Embassy/Consulate until the status is "READY". Until them, you are not in their system and they cannot "see" you.

In some Embassy/Consulates, there is a lag time between the interview approval and the time the visa foil (the page that is glued into your passport) is printed. During this time, your status is "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". Until the visa foil is physically printed and glued into your passport, you will not see "ISSUED".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.