roobear

How much time can I take collecting documents needed to request interview?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi all -

I need your help! I filed our I-129 in June, and we have received our NOA-2 and it was approved with no RFEs. I received an email from the US Consulate in Ecuador about a month ago with instructions on the required paperwork and things that need to be done in order to schedule the interview. How much time do we have to collect this information? We are not hoping for him to move to the US until next Spring. I know that once you get a K1 visa you only have 6 months to enter the U.S., so we are taking our time. However, I also don't want us to take too much time if it will hinder the process at all.

Nowhere on the email or in any instructions does it indicate a deadline or timeline. Any help or feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The NOA2 is valid for 4 months it should say in the letter :)

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.