RyRo

Traveling with passport in maiden name and ticket on married name!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello vjyers!

My husband and I just booked my ticket last night for a vacation to my home country this December. I was under the impression that my ticket should be on my married name as it is the same with my goverment issued-id (w/c is my gc) and bringing my marriage certificate and greencard with me shouldn't pose an issue that my passport is my maiden name.

Now from what I'm reading some say the TICKET and PASSPORT should match and some say it shouldn't be an issue if i take my marriage certificate and greencard with me. I am so confused now and freaking out. Please enlighten me about this. Thanks in advance

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Who are you flying with? When my asawa and I went back to the Philippines in June her ticket was in her married name, even though her passport is still in her maiden name. You can take your greencard and driver's license to show that it is you. Also will your asawa be going as well? If he does come then you can bring your marriage certificate and he can go in on the Balikbayan visa as well.

Who are you flying with? When my asawa and I went back to the Philippines in June her ticket was in her married name, even though her passport is still in her maiden name. You can take your greencard and driver's license to show that it is you. Also will your asawa be going as well? If he does come then you can bring your marriage certificate and he can go in on the Balikbayan visa as well.

Yes I am traveling with my husband and our baby as well. So you did not have issues at all in both domestic and international flights with the ticket and passport in different names? I am worried that it will cause a lot of delay since its not on the same name

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Dili, we flew Philippine Airlines from LAX to Manila, and then Manila to Davao. It was my asawa, our 2 year old daughter, and I when we flew in June. I came back in late June and they came back in late July. We have not gotten my daughter a Philippine passport yet, she just has a US passport. Just make sure you bring your marriage certificate, and birth certificate for your baby as well so that you can show immigration in Manila. We did not have any issue at all, Philippine airlines just changed the name on her ticket to her maiden name and that was it. While in Manila when we flew to Davao they allowed her on the plane with a ticket with her married name(go figure right).

Where in Davao do you live? I hope you have a good trip.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.