NikkisPrecious

Do you send ALL of I130 package when sending in I129F?

13 posts in this topic

I know the recepit of the NOA 1 from the I-130 has to be sent in when going for the K3 / I129F but does the ENTIRE package we submitteed for the I-130 have to be sent along with it?

Pleeeeease help :)

going through HELL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You need to send the g-325a form, one for you and one for your wife. And, your marriage certificate and proof of US citizenship.

Don't forget that you need to also include a passport photo of you, and your wife as well.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

You need to send the g-325a form, one for you and one for your wife. And, your marriage certificate and proof of US citizenship.

Don't forget that you need to also include a passport photo of you, and your wife as well.

Oh yeah, thanks i know this, the I129F requires its own new G325a forms and photos. the thing i need to know is if people are sending in the complete I130 package along with the I129F or is just the reciept NOA1 acceptable?

going through HELL

Just the NOA1.

Thanks consolemaster.. i just found this.. kinda confused now..

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k3k4visa-I129f.htm

it says:

11.2)...How do I prepare the I-129F package for the K3/K4 and what documents do I need?

A..Please see the K-3"Step-by-Step Guide". In short, your package must contain everything you sent for the I-130...plus a copy of the I-797 Notice of Action you received after filing the I-130.

Arrrrrgh what to do!?

going through HELL

Filed: Other Timeline

I think its just worded poorly. Some of the stuff is the same (ie: another package of G325As, copies of ID) etc...but you don't send the exact same stuff. IF you follow.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Within the instruction of the official form I-129F, it says for you to see No. 10 " How do I use this form to file K-3 Visa for my spouse? ". Follow those instructions. The VISA journey guide is confusing, but the official instructions isn't all that confusing.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Nice one people, i'll keep doing a bit more research.. thanks loads though, i dunno where we'd be without VJ members :) so thankyou all :)

going through HELL

So i guess from looking..... its just all the evidence bits n bobs, which is pretty much everything from the I-130, right?

going through HELL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually the evidence requirement on the I129F only applies to fiance(e)s not spousal petitions, so no you don't have to send all the same evidence again. If you look at #7 of the instructions, all the evidence relates to the ability to marry or that you actually have met and know your fiance(e) which isn't so much of an issue since you are already married.

So i guess from looking..... its just all the evidence bits n bobs, which is pretty much everything from the I-130, right?

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

ok cool, so you think its safe to just go with the basic requirements?

I don't spose it would actually hurt to send in other bits of vidence though would it.

Edited by NikkisPrecious

going through HELL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I personally believe in sending them exactly what they ask for, neatly organized, and nothing more. But that's just my opinion. :)

ok cool, so you think its safe to just go with the basic requirements?

I don't spose it would actually hurt to send in other bits of vidence though would it.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: Other Timeline

yep, just give 'em what they ask for. They're government employees with tunnell vision. If you give them something not asked for you'll just confuse them and possibly get yourself an RFE because they'll think you're petitioning for a K1.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.