Scott And Vina

urgent please help!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I as beneficiary and i have 2 questions pls help because me and my fiancee worried about this

1. His bank statement very bad because he just paid car off and bought furniture for new house which the house not under on his name is on his mum name. But he has 401k retirement to support is it good enough?

2. He lost his original naturazation so he just send me a copy of naturalization for my interview. Is his pasport enough to prove he US citizen which is he not born in US but he has been US citizen long time ago

I really appreciate it for any suggestions and advice. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. He should have some balance maybe a few thousands in bank just in case they ask. In my case, they didnt even ask my fiance but they did ask for my Tax papers, pay stubs, w2s showing i make 7X more than 125%. Maybe that's why they did not ask for bank statements.

2. Its ok. Passport will do. I lost mine too and didn't have any problem. He will get an NOA showing his alien number on the right side of the paper. That will do. Make sure to keep that Alien # on file for future use.

Timeline

1. He should have some balance maybe a few thousands in bank just in case they ask. In my case, they didnt even ask my fiance but they did ask for my Tax papers, pay stubs, w2s showing i make 7X more than 125%. Maybe that's why they did not ask for bank statements.

2. Its ok. Passport will do. I lost mine too and didn't have any problem. He will get an NOA showing his alien number on the right side of the paper. That will do. Make sure to keep that Alien # on file for future use.

Thank you for reply. He make 165k/ year but his bank statement very bad only 2k for now. We worried about that. And we already get NOA2 and our case ready so do i need to bring his original pasport to my interview

Thank you for reply. He make 165k/ year but his bank statement very bad only 2k for now. We worried about that. And we already get NOA2 and our case ready so do i need to bring his original pasport to my interview

No, you don't have to. K-1 stage is more for the beneficiary. He's already proven himself as USC since the petition is approved. As long as he makes above the poverty line you both should be just fine. U.S. Embassy in Jakarta doesn't look at bank account as long as I-134 is above the poverty line.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

No, you don't have to. K-1 stage is more for the beneficiary. He's already proven himself as USC since the petition is approved. As long as he makes above the poverty line you both should be just fine. U.S. Embassy in Jakarta doesn't look at bank account as long as I-134 is above the poverty line.

So the original documents i should bring to the interview I-134 & my birth certificate? and the other documents are copy?

So the original documents i should bring to the interview I-134 & my birth certificate? and the other documents are copy?

You will received Packet 3 via email contains information what kind documents you should bring to the interview. For me, they only asked I-134 form signed and dated ( original), W-2 ( copy) and tax return (copy) even though I brought my husband's bank statements, his investment papers and insurance policy. They did not even ask. Don't forget birth certificate in English translation if you have the old version.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

You will received Packet 3 via email contains information what kind documents you should bring to the interview. For me, they only asked I-134 form signed and dated ( original), W-2 ( copy) and tax return (copy) even though I brought my husband's bank statements, his investment papers and insurance policy. They did not even ask. Don't forget birth certificate in English translation if you have the old version.

Thank you now i know exactly what documents original vs copy should i bring. Yes i have birth certificate english version.

Thank you now i know exactly what documents original vs copy should i bring. Yes i have birth certificate english version.

You're welcome. If you have the English version then just get a copy because they will take it. Bring it with the original.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

You're welcome. If you have the English version then just get a copy because they will take it. Bring it with the original.

Ok i will thank you. Should he make a letter intend to marry and sign it also? I made when we start for K1. Should i bring that also?

Ok i will thank you. Should he make a letter intend to marry and sign it also? I made when we start for K1. Should i bring that also?

Just bring everything you think will needed. I brought mine but the embassy did not ask.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

"Scott and Vina", If I understand it right, you're going in for a interview with an I-134?

I think you really need a bank statement when filing the I-864 when you're filing for adjustment. If anyone has another opinion?

As for the naturalization proof, if the I-129F is already approved, then naturalization proof may not be too important to present at the interview.

Hope this helps,

I don't think you guys have ANYTHING to worry about. Good luck!

I did not provide my husband's bank statement at all when I filed my AoS. People usually provide it when they go for the interview for AoS. I did I not have the interview because I got NPIW letter.

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

"Scott and Vina", If I understand it right, you're going in for a interview with an I-134?

I think you really need a bank statement when filing the I-864 when you're filing for adjustment. If anyone has another opinion?

As for the naturalization proof, if the I-129F is already approved, then naturalization proof may not be too important to present at the interview.

Hope this helps,

I don't think you guys have ANYTHING to worry about. Good luck!

Bank statement was not needed at our AOS interview, we brought an updated I864 because ours was delayed a long time. All they wanted was an updated tax return. If the beneficiary is making 164k a year you should have no problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I received an email that my I-129F was approved and forward from CSC to NVC and that I should be getting a letter in the mail with further instruction. It took two weeks for this to happen. Is this a typical turnaround time?? Seems relatively efficient. Is the most difficult portion of the K1 visa process behind me now?? I am retired civil service so have no W2 so should my tax records from last three years showing my retirement income and a letter from my bank showing my bank balance be enough to send with the I-134 Financial form? What is selecting an agent all about?? I am hoping for a december wedding here in florida. How likely is this possible if I do everything as required? Thanks to everyone contributing here. My fiance is in Manila now waiting patiently as I am here in Florida.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.