10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The calling everyday to hear the same answer that It takes 35 days for the NVC to receive your info is discouraging especially when you see others got there MNL# from them much quicker 10 to 14 days Im quickly coming up on a month ugg. In the end when its all said and done the life me and my fiancee will share will be sweet bliss but until then the stress is causing me baldness lol

Timeline

I understand your frustration and stress as I went through the same thing with NVC. Hang in there and keep calling every day until you get your MNL #. The good news is that it moves very fast once you have your MNL#. I got our MNL# Aug 6 and the consulate received it Aug 11. Her interview is scheduled for Wednesday. Make sure your fiance has all of her paperwork ready so you can move quickly once you get your case number.

Timeline

I believe she has everything but what I need to send to her I was waiting until we got our MNL# I was going to send it our DHL so it should arrive quickly when I do crossing fngures

Timeline

I did exactly that and then I had to scramble to get it to her quickly before she flew to Manila. In 1 weeks time we paid visa fee, scheduled the interview, created the DS-160 and had the needed documents delivered to her. I was surprised how fast it moved once I had the MNL#. She has completed the medical, will have her interview on Wednesday and she is scheduled for the CFO Thursday.

You are almost there!! Our petition arrived at NVC 36 days after it was approved at USCIS.

Timeline

I hope the interview goes well and for me its nice to see that what im going thru is the norm and that the finish line is in site just a little more patience is needed my goal if possible is to have her here before my birthday in November

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Again ugg I see watching VJ everyone around my date of July 29th is getting there NVC stuff, Before and after my date this is so frustrating I call I email they the NVC told me to email the NVC research team this makes me nervous

Timeline

I feel you :( been waiting like 41days now.. Still no case number :( its really frustrating.. Been worrying soo much :(

jusy keep on praying? u'll get it soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.