ParisHeart

AOS with Out of Status Beneficiary

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Will keep this short as possible. Wanting thoughts on possible outcome of our case.

My husband arrived in March 2012 in the USA on a visitors visa for the 2nd time for a festival , he is part of a group/band , (we were not married or even knew each other)

We met end November 2012 & been together ever since, married now July 2015 So been together nearly 3 years under same roof.

We are filing for AOS as he is out of status now and has been since September 2012

We have lots of evidence, life insurance policies on each other, joint checking & savings, 2 credit cards together, Electric bill in joint names, and home insurance under both names.

Along with pics with my family, his family in Morocco,, we have not met face to face, but we talk via camera and have chat messages, for his rather large family, we keep in touch via social media mostly.

We did not have anyone with us when we married , only our lab dogs,, just us, the dogs and the Pastor who married us, pics were taken. We plan to do a dinner with friends from the soccer club and my family, which is only my bother, his wife, their kids. Have a small dinner celebration with a cake before we send in petitions.

Cut to the chase,

Red Flags:

#1 I'm 20 years older, though I do not look it at all, I'm 50 he is 30 I look 35.

#2 I have 2 past filings, which I cancelled, one when I found out my ex husband was living with another woman, shortly after our interview, I contacted Paris Consulate immediately and withdrew his visa.

& the 2nd time, my ex husband re married his first wife without my knowledge while still married to me, , (men can have 5 wives at one time) . He did this when USCIS asked for a final copy of his divorce, and when also I could not send him the rent money for the apartment in Cairo, (yes I was a dumbarse and paid his rent), . he only had a 1st Revocable Divorce. USCIS does not accept that type of divorce, . anyways when I found out he remarried, I withdrew the petition, BUT USCIS could of closed the case when proper info was not provided for deadline for RFE. As I thought his divorce was accepted with USCIS at time of filing, and explained it was a Islamic divorce for the reply to the RFE, I later followed up with them reporting he re married his ex wife while married to me without my knowledge or his family's knowledge and submitted the paper to prove it I obtained from Cairo.

In both cases I was used, and betrayed, & even considered a walking ATM for the 2nd one. I have proof of all financials given to him. Even his family was surprised when they found out he re married his ex wife , as he told none of them, and now don't even speaks to his family.

My current husband never asked me for a dime, he works for himself , and we put the money he makes in our joint account. We have no kids, just us two & 2 lab dogs. I have a very good job, 17 years with my company, and a good person, he is too, never in trouble in Morocco or USA.

I ask , don't judge me, until you stood in my shoes, I request your answers to be respectful please.

I have never hurt anyone, in these marriages I was the one hurt, used and mis treated.

I know USCIS can be brutal, as I have helped many -many people with immigration right here on this site years ago with respectful answers, as I know how ugly people can be while ripping a person apart when they ask questions. Bad things happen to good people, especially the ones with my heart then brains.

Thank you.

AOS in the USA.

A Moroccan beneficiary plus your previous filings plus the age difference will probably bring closer scrutiny of your case. This can be overcome with sufficient proof of a bona fide marriage.

Follow the guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide2

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Yes I agree with you, & we also expect and welcome a surprise home visit. We have nothing to hide, its all out there for them.

We still want to get at least 2 affidavits from my boss and a friend about our marriage.

Along with pics to show we have not hidden from the world or our marriage, pics of us with people I work with, and the soccer club, as he is a volunteer coach.

AOS in the USA.

Timeline

I also plan to ask the apartment complex if they could write a short letter, explaining he lives there, but is not on the lease, as I rented the apartment before I knew him.

And when the lease renewed, I could not put him on there cause he was not originally

listed on it when I signed.

Health insurance, I have it but to put him on mine is $500.00 a month, he did have

dental work done, we paid cash, and 2 weeks ago at the ER with him, face first in Texas fire ant mound, again cash paid.

He does not drive so he is not listed on my auto insurance , and I bought my SUV before I knew him, so he is not on the contact either.

Will look around for low cost health insurance for him, he needs it, with the cost of

medical alone is obscene.

AOS in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.