hbrtgn

I-130 and I-129F were both approved at the same time. What to do?

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

My husband just received both approved notices today and now we are wondering what to do next. The reason why we applied for both was because we heard that it will take longer to have the I-130 petition to be granted and so we also applied for the I-129F thinking that this will be the faster route for our family to be together again. Anyone ever gone through the same situation? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Same thing happened to me, but the one petition that they will start working on is the i130. The i129f case will be closed when they both get approved.

Good luck :)

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

My i130 and I129f

my husband has paid the fees and now sending off the affidavit of support today.

Call the nvc in a few days and ask them for the case number and the invoice number also ask them to add your email so you can receive stuff in email like we received our bar code.

Same thing happened to me, but the one petition that they will start working on is the i130. The i129f case will be closed when they both get approved.

Good luck :)

Is that how it really works now? So this means we need to totally disregard the I-129F ? Do you know how long it will take for the I-130 to be processed?

My i130 and I129f

my husband has paid the fees and now sending off the affidavit of support today.

Call the nvc in a few days and ask them for the case number and the invoice number also ask them to add your email so you can receive stuff in email like we received our bar code.

Are you taking about the I-130 or the I-129F? I was told that the I-129F will be closed, if they were approved at the same time.

Hi,

My husband just received both approved notices today and now we are wondering what to do next. The reason why we applied for both was because we heard that it will take longer to have the I-130 petition to be granted and so we also applied for the I-129F thinking that this will be the faster route for our family to be together again. Anyone ever gone through the same situation? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks!

technically you can't go to an interview with both cases approved. You will get denied with k1 if you are married already. In case if you are, then you can't use I129f anyway. I suppose you're married so you applied for I130? if you applied for i130 without being married, you basically lied on the application which can be fined and even go to jail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

technically you can't go to an interview with both cases approved. You will get denied with k1 if you are married already. In case if you are, then you can't use I129f anyway. I suppose you're married so you applied for I130? if you applied for i130 without being married, you basically lied on the application which can be fined and even go to jail.

The i129f is for k3...

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

The i129f is for k3...

We've been married for six years now and the only reason why we also applied for K-3 is because we were told that this is the faster option for our family to be together again (while waiting for the I-130 to get approved). We didn't expect that they would get approved at the same time though.

Basically, what we want to know is what will NVC do with those 2 approved petitions? Does anyone know how long it will take for the processing time for each after the approval notice?

Hello hbrtgn. Ours got approved too almost the same time. Then we started to prepare for the cr1 route. We thought the NVC would close the i129f but they didn't, it reached the embassy in manila. I got a letter from the embassy stating I could schedule my interview and all. I think they didn't notice two petitions under my name coz of the problems NVC were having at that time. Now, Im just waiting for my visa which is I dont know what's taking so long. My husband got a letter from NVC that they sent our i130 to the embassy. I called up NVC last night to clarify and the rep told me the embassy requested it. We called the embassy prior though but the reps don't know why it was there, and they kept telling us to just wait for further instructions. It's truly frustrating. ? In your case, maybe the NVC will close the i129f and you guys can proceed with the ir1 visa. ☺️

Hello hbrtgn. Ours got approved too almost the same time. Then we started to prepare for the cr1 route. We thought the NVC would close the i129f but they didn't, it reached the embassy in manila. I got a letter from the embassy stating I could schedule my interview and all. I think they didn't notice two petitions under my name coz of the problems NVC were having at that time. Now, Im just waiting for my visa which is I dont know what's taking so long. My husband got a letter from NVC that they sent our i130 to the embassy. I called up NVC last night to clarify and the rep told me the embassy requested it. We called the embassy prior though but the reps don't know why it was there, and they kept telling us to just wait for further instructions. It's truly frustrating. ? In your case, maybe the NVC will close the i129f and you guys can proceed with the ir1 visa. ☺️

Thanks for the info Rizza and Dennis. I guess, we'll just wait for the NVC letter in the mail then for further instructions. Do you have an idea how long does it usually take for the IR-1 visa to be granted? THe USCIS website says 5 months but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Thanks for the info Rizza and Dennis. I guess, we'll just wait for the NVC letter in the mail then for further instructions. Do you have an idea how long does it usually take for the IR-1 visa to be granted? THe USCIS website says 5 months but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

hello hbrtgn! I am Rizza's husband, Dennis lol. For the NVC stage it will depend on how long it takes for them to give you a case number and invoice identification number before you can get the ball rolling. Don't wait! NVC correspondence is usually delayed a week or more from when the action took place. Do you know if NVC received your case yet? Call and find out! Once you know the date they received the case, call about a week after and every day until they give you the case number and invoice identification number. Once you get the ball rolling at NVC it could take a total of 2-3 months before you get a case complete (as long as no website issues or checklists happen). After that you must wait for them to schedule the interview day, which could take a few weeks or so. I know some people who got case complete but are still waiting for interview day schedule. About the interview day, they usually schedule it around 1-2 months or so from the time they inform you. While waiting for the interview day your spouse must complete the medical. If all goes well at the interview the wait for a visa can take anywhere from 1 week to many months (if you are put on administrative processing). Immigration is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get lol.

Edited by Dennis8

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Marriage : July 2, 2014

March 7, 2015: I-130 Sent

March 17, 2015: I-130 NOA1 received in mail

March 17, 2015: I-129F Sent

March 28, 2015: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

April 3, 2015: I-130 updated on USCIS website to approved! awaiting hardcopy of NOA2

April 14, 2015: Case was sent to NVC

April 18, 2015: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

April 22, 2015: Case was received by NVC

May 1, 2015: Case number assigned

May 4, 2015 : I-129F NOA2 received in mail

June 2, 2015 : Selected Agent Via Phone

June 16, 2015 : Paid AOS and IV Fees Via Mail

June 22, 2015 : Wife receives Appointment letter from Manila Embassy (I-129F)

*proceeding with K-3 Visa instead. Cannot wait for the NVC problems to resolve

June 23, 2015: Interview scheduled for July 30

July 9, 2015 : Medical Completed

July 30, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!!

August 16, 2015 : Received Letter from NVC that I-130 is being expedited to Manila Embassy.

August 26, 2015 : Manila Embassy closes K3. Proceeding with CR1 again. New interview date September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015 : Interview Complete APPROVED!! ISSUED on same day. :dance:

September 23, 2015 : Visa in hand
September 29, 2015 : POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.