Jessie727

G-325a Not sure about Fiance's residence

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I'm Jessie and although I've been gathering information off of Visa Journey for a few months, I've just made an account and this is my first post so I'd like to say thanks in advance.

Here's my question: My Fiance, Maggy, lives in Zacatecas Mexico. She's lived in the same house with her parents since she was born, however Maggies mom used my fiances grandmothers adress when registering her for school and a handful of other things. Her mom told us she's almost positive that they have always used the grandmothers adress except for Maggies ID which she got last January. What we are wondering is what address to use. Her home adress where she has lived all her life or the adress for her grandmother which was used to register for school and probably a handful of other things.

This is a separate question entirely, but I'm in Mexico with my fiance at the moment and going to be leaving this Thursday to go back to the states. While I'm here, I'm trying to finish all the parts of the application for the K-1 Visa that will require her signature. From everything I've read she needs to sign the G-325a, the letter of intent, and a letter stating how we met/fell in love. Is there anything I've missed?

Thanks, Jessie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was advised by an immigration officer to list addresses of actual residence as opposed to addresses used for banking, car registration, etc. I can't speak with 100% confidence and would suggest you speak to an immigration officer too, but my husband lives with his parents and has a similar situation as your fiancé and that's what we were told when filing our G-325a.

USCIS

07/10/2015: I-130 Mailed

07/15/2015: NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

10/16/2015: Case Transferred (Potomac Service Center)

12/01/2015: NOA2 (139 Days from NOA1)

NVC

12/11/2015: NVC Received

12/23/2015: NVC Case Number and IIN Assigned

12/24/2015: DS-261 Submitted

12/24/2015: AOS Fee Available and Paid (In Process)

12/31/2015: IV Application Fee Available and Paid (In Process)

12/31/2015: Hardcopy NVC Welcome Letter Arrived

01/04/2015: AOS Fee Paid (Complete)

01/05/2016: IV Application Fee Paid (Complete)

01/06/2016: DS-260 Available

01/16/2016: DS-260 Submitted

01/29/2016: AOS and IV Package Mailed (w/out South African Police Clearance)

02/03/2016: AOS and IV Package Scanned

02/18/2016: South African Police Clearance Mailed

02/19/2016: South African Police Clearance Scanned

03/22/2016: Case Complete

03/29/2016: Interview Date Scheduled

Embassy

05/16/2016: Interviewed and APPROVED! (306 Days from NOA1)

05/25/2016: Visa Pickup

06/01/2016: Leave Nigeria

06/02/2016: Arrive in US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It asks for residence and not a mailing address, so put the address where she resides. Also, she does not need to provide a letter about your love story. She only needs the G-325A, letter of intent and a US sized passport photo.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.