Daniyal

Affidavit of Support

9 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC steps

Agent - Chosen
Fee - Paid
Visa application form - Submitted (online)

Question and help

I am the petitioner applying for my wife. I am a permanent resident living outside the US in my native country same as my wife (because waiting for my wife's immigration before finally residing in the US)

I am working in my native country.

1. What form do I fill for affidavit of support? if possible please share link.
2. Do I have to show the income of my native country? If yes, how? Its not in dollars and doesn't exceed $1100/month
3. I can use my sister and her husband's income for the AOS. What forms will they need to fill and what documents do they need to provide?

Is there something else I should do and know for the AOS?

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You need to prove your US domicile while sponsoring your wife. If you are a permanent resident and not living in US, it can be a problem. If you have already obtained re entry permit then it is OK.

you are required to fill I 864. You cannot show your income which is outside US. you need a co sponsor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Read this. Your greencard will be invalid if you stay outside of US a year or more without a re-entry permit

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/B5en.pdf

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1 - Dec 22, 2014

I-130 NOA2 - Jun 17, 2015

NVC Received - July 10, 2015

Case # and INN - July 27, 2015

Submitted DS-261 - July 27, 2015

Pay AOS Bill - July 28, 2015

Send AOS & IV Package - Aug 5, 2015

Pay IV Bill - Aug 6, 2015

Submitted DS-260 - Aug 8, 2015

Scan Date - Aug 7, 2015

Case Completed - Aug 27, 2015

Expedite request - Sep 2, 2015

Expedite request approved - Sep 9, 2015

Interview Appointment - Sep 21, 2015

Interview Date - Sep 25, 2015

Visa Approved - Sep 25, 2015

Timeline

NO NO.

I go back to the US after every 7-8 months, so re-entry is not the problem.

Affidavit of Support Part 4 - item 5 asks for country of domicile.

what do I write there? I am outside of US because of my wife, and will shift when she gets the immigration.
I also have a US bank account.

Do i just attach a separate document stating this reason and bank account details as an evidence to establish ..??????

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

How important is it for me to file the IRS-1040, despite being umemployed with zero income????

I am the principal sponsor with a joint sponsor

Whole purpose of immigration is for reunification of relatives. You need to stay in usa, pay taxes, get a job, get your own house, open bank account, go to school etc. if you do not live and work in the US, then counsalor will deny your case based on lack of domicile requirement. If you show that you work in your native country, that is sufficient to say you do not have domicile in usa.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Yes I know that part. The "whole purpose."

It's just been 18 months since I got the PR. 10 months after which I got married.

I had to wait for 13 years to get the immigration...it takes time to completely leave your home country..especially when you martial status changes...! My employer have officially given me go ahead to hire my service in the US...

I am just waiting for the immigration of my wife who can't stay alone in the country.

I understand that my case isn't strong which is why I am here to understand if I can try to make it as strong as possible. Instead of my wife waiting for a couple of years. But thanks for your valuable reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.