F1_to_Green

F1 AOS- medical forms, Advance Parole etc? (split)

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I came across this old thread, and my situation is almost identical to what yours was. I just have a couple of quick questions I was hoping you might be willing to help me with:

1. The medical form (I-693) - did you submit that with your original application (along with your I-485, I-130, etc etc), or did you fill it out later on and take it to your interview?

2. For the Advance Parole form (I-131), when you had to state a reason for travel, did you put specific reasons and dates? I need to go home to UK for Christmas to see my family (ok, 'want', not 'need'!), and, additionally, in a year's time I need to go to Mozambique to conduct my fieldwork (hopefully I'll already have my green card by then, but just in case...).

I don't know if you're still active on this site now that you're all done and dusted, but I thought I'd give it a shot. Or maybe someone else might be able to answer my questions? Though I realise this is a very old post, so I don't know if my new post will turn up in a visible place, or be lost in the annals of time...
Many thanks!

Best wishes,

:)

08/31/15 Filed I-130, I-485, I-131. I-765

09/02/15 Package received

09/08/15 NOA1 received via text and email (4 different reference numbers)

09/08/15 Checks cashed (130 & 485)

09/29/15 Biometrics done

10/14/15 Received notice for Interview (scheduled for 11/17)

11/3/15 Received EAD

11/17/15 Attended interview and approved

11/28/15 Green Card arrives in mail!

ROC

11/8/17 Filed I-751

11/20/17 NOA received

12/7/17 Biometrics done

10/30/18 NOA extension letter arrives in mail
12/31/18 10-yr Green arrives in the mail!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** post split from a over 3 year old one where the Op has not been back to the site for more than two years. Please always ask your won questions about your own case in your own thread. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I would like someone to confirm this, but recently the rules changed with the medicals as they expire within a year and to avoid getting RFE for them expiring they now allow you to submit later, see on the USCIS website:

If you are applying for adjustment of status, you may submit Form I-693 in one of the following ways:

• Submit Form I-693 by mail, together with your Form I-485, Application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to the location specified for your Form I-485 (see “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485”).
  • Submit Form I-693 by mail, after filing your Form I-485, to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS).
  • Submit Form I-693 in person, at an interview in a USCIS field office (if an interview is required).

We sent our AOS 2 months ago and just got a RFE for income, we got told that they now send letters asking you to either send it closer to the interview or ask you to bring it to the interview.

It is all over VJ that you HAVE to submit it with the i485 but this is no longer true, according to a lawyer we spoke with and USCIS - and our own case.

Edited by V24

**** post split from a over 3 year old one where the Op has not been back to the site for more than two years. Please always ask your won questions about your own case in your own thread. ******

Duly noted - sorry! :(

09/29/15 Biometrics done

11/3/15 Received EAD

ROC

11/8/17 Filed I-751

11/20/17 NOA received

12/7/17 Biometrics done

I would like someone to confirm this, but recently the rules changed with the medicals as they expire within a year and to avoid getting RFE for them expiring they now allow you to submit later, see on the USCIS website:

If you are applying for adjustment of status, you may submit Form I-693 in one of the following ways:

• Submit Form I-693 by mail, together with your Form I-485, Application to Register for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to the location specified for your Form I-485 (see “Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-485”).
  • Submit Form I-693 by mail, after filing your Form I-485, to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS).
  • Submit Form I-693 in person, at an interview in a USCIS field office (if an interview is required).

We sent our AOS 2 months ago and just got a RFE for income, we got told that they now send letters asking you to either send it closer to the interview or ask you to bring it to the interview.

It is all over VJ that you HAVE to submit it with the i485 but this is no longer true, according to a lawyer we spoke with and USCIS - and our own case.

Great, thanks!

And regarding your point about your RFE: are you saying that it is now possible to resolve all RFEs by bringing the missing documentation to your interview, as opposed to having to go through the slower process of re-submitting stuff by mail? Because that would be brilliant, and take a little pressure off in terms of being so hyper-worried about making a stupid mistake or forgetting something!

09/29/15 Biometrics done

11/3/15 Received EAD

ROC

11/8/17 Filed I-751

11/20/17 NOA received

12/7/17 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.