PazDR

Retracting Request to Withdraw Petition

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I am in desperate need of some advice. I'll try to make this short and to the point (I'll try)

* 3 year relationship (11 trips total so far to visit him)

* Visa Process started September 2014

* Interview for K1 Visa - May 2015 - Visa Approved

* CEAC - Case Ready- as of June 2015

Problems with systems started, no passport no visa. Both my fiancé and I were very stressed and emotional because we had made so many plans in June and we were arguing all the time. One of those arguments went to far and I sent in an email to ustravel... saying I wanted to cancel his visa and I would not marry him (on June 27). On June 29 after crying and just being completely devastated I quickly sent in another email saying I did not want to cancel explaining my emotional state.... they asked me to send a letter when I first said I wanted to cancel, which I did not send because I obviously did not want to cancel, I stated this in various emails.

We continued to call and check on passport status, no info. Finally on August 7th as a response to one of my many emails someone emailed me telling me, I had sent an email saying I wanted to cancel and that I needed to send a signed letter and a copy of my passport saying "I wanted to retract the request to withdraw petition". I immediately sent that in. The response was "it will be forwarded to the corresponding unit for review".

Do you think there is a chance he will get his visa issued? or not? Keep in mind I never sent in a signed letter for the cancellation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

It looks good; they responded with a request for a signed statement retracting your

request, and you did. Since they never received a signed statement requesting

cancellation of the visa, it *should* be OK.

You never know, as the person reviewing this is also human, but they usually do know

that this "stuff" can be very stressful and emotional, and that, sometimes, you make

a mistake you soon regret, under that pressure.

Keep up hopes, it does look good !

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

It looks good; they responded with a request for a signed statement retracting your

request, and you did. Since they never received a signed statement requesting

cancellation of the visa, it *should* be OK.

You never know, as the person reviewing this is also human, but they usually do know

that this "stuff" can be very stressful and emotional, and that, sometimes, you make

a mistake you soon regret, under that pressure.

Keep up hopes, it does look good !

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.