betamesh

approved at NVC and only more waiting...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all!

I have a few questions if anyone can shed some light on my situation or provide advice! We have a lawyer but I think she forgot about us...

My husband is Mexican and we are going through the process for the 1-130. On May 7th, 2015 his case was approved and closed at the NVC! But as far as I can see it is still sitting there. His interview will be in Juarez and they have no information on us yet. I have tried to contact the NVC both by phone and email with no response.

This would be frustrating but manageable on its own, but I am 5 month's pregnant and I really want to have my baby in the state's...and REALLY would like my husband there!!!

So questions-

How long does is usually take for the NVC to mail the paperwork to the selected consulate?

Is it bad or risky for us to renew my husband's tourist visa (expired May, 2015) to ensure he will be able to be present for the birth?

Is there anyway I can get access to the list of necessary documents needed for the interview in Juarez?

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Call NVC, ask for a supervisor. Should only take about 2 weeks to transfer a case from NVC to the consulate. You've been waiting 3 months. Get your congressional representative(s) involved, if necessary.

There should be a page here specifically for Mexico, if not Juarez that will explain everything you need to do to prepare for your interview.

This might be it, but you'll want to do a thorough search of the site, beginning with clicking on the "embassies" link above:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Good luck

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

Of the hundreds of times that I call the number to the NVC I was only able to get through 1 time. They said that it was based on the available spots at the Juarez Consulate. Once a month the consulate will tell them how many interviews they can do and we will get put through on the basis that it was received. :( So we do have to wait, but at least there is a method to the madness! Juarez closed down for approx. 1-2 weeks because there was a software failure or something, so that could also be a factor as to why it is taking so long.

Thank you so much for the info on here for what I need. I am pregnant so paperwork I can gather before I have to waddle would be incredible! I will look into and maybe just ask some more questions!

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Of the hundreds of times that I call the number to the NVC I was only able to get through 1 time. They said that it was based on the available spots at the Juarez Consulate. Once a month the consulate will tell them how many interviews they can do and we will get put through on the basis that it was received. :( So we do have to wait, but at least there is a method to the madness! Juarez closed down for approx. 1-2 weeks because there was a software failure or something, so that could also be a factor as to why it is taking so long.

Thank you so much for the info on here for what I need. I am pregnant so paperwork I can gather before I have to waddle would be incredible! I will look into and maybe just ask some more questions!

Thank you!

I would urge you to call often. To get through to the NVC, start calling at 6:58 AM, ET. If you get a busy signal or a recording saying they're too busy, hang up and re-dial. Continue this non-stop until you get through. I have had to redial 60 times in a row before getting through. Others have re-dialed over a 100 times to get through. And, of course, once you get through, you'll be on hold for 40-60 minutes. Just hang in there. If you reach a person who is unhelpful and will only tell you that "Juarez is very busy and you'll have to wait," don't accept that. If they won't transfer you to a supervisor, call the next day and hope you speak to someone better. You simply have to keep calling them until they handle your case properly. No one is going to advocate for your case, except you. There are no angels inside NVC who will see their mistake and lift your case up unless you call them on it. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Timeline

So you did get your case forwarded to nvc and did your ds260 and i864 and got a case complete email from nvc??

Yes, everything is good and closed and we received the email confirmation of that on May 7th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have you checked the DHL tracking method to see if your case has been received at the consulate? Ours got sent to Mexico overnight after we got a CC.

I'd also suggest looking at the CC to interview spreadsheet, if you haven't already. It looks like some April/May CCs have taken 2 1/2-3 months to get their interview date scheduled. Hopefully you will be soon!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, everything is good and closed and we received the email confirmation of that on May 7th.

I know it's hard to get through to the NVC but I highly suggest calling and bugging the heck out of them...what does the CEAC status check say when you track your case #?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Have you checked the DHL tracking method to see if your case has been received at the consulate? Ours got sent to Mexico overnight after we got a CC.

I'd also suggest looking at the CC to interview spreadsheet, if you haven't already. It looks like some April/May CCs have taken 2 1/2-3 months to get their interview date scheduled. Hopefully you will be soon!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Thank you!

The speadsheet is really helpful! I am keeping postive that we will have our interview very soon! I followed up a few weeks ago at the consulate but they had nothing yet. I am going to do the round of follow ups with everyone at the end of this week or early next week if we do not hear anything before then!

I have not checked the DHL tracking method, how do you do that?

I know it's hard to get through to the NVC but I highly suggest calling and bugging the heck out of them...what does the CEAC status check say when you track your case #?

I actually just checked this morning and it still said "at NVC"...I hope to have that change soon...insert nervous face!

Timeline

I would urge you to call often. To get through to the NVC, start calling at 6:58 AM, ET. If you get a busy signal or a recording saying they're too busy, hang up and re-dial. Continue this non-stop until you get through. I have had to redial 60 times in a row before getting through. Others have re-dialed over a 100 times to get through. And, of course, once you get through, you'll be on hold for 40-60 minutes. Just hang in there. If you reach a person who is unhelpful and will only tell you that "Juarez is very busy and you'll have to wait," don't accept that. If they won't transfer you to a supervisor, call the next day and hope you speak to someone better. You simply have to keep calling them until they handle your case properly. No one is going to advocate for your case, except you. There are no angels inside NVC who will see their mistake and lift your case up unless you call them on it. Good luck.

Sorry this is so delayed but thank you so much for your advice! I did do just what you said...called and called...and called...finally I did get through and I didn't even have to wait on the phone! They did provide me with useful information about the process but did just say that it is based on the date the case was closed, they have not forgotten, and that it would be soon, but could not tell me when.

I am ready for disappointment, but I am remaining positive that we will hear something at the end of this month for an interview date in September because our date looks to be coming up with others. I have not gotten a hold of them since, but I could not get in touch with a supervisor either, but I will try again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.