Augustajim

nov filers w/o noa2. last touch was?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All November filers that have NOT received NOA2, please list your recent touches.

Jim and Nhi

10-2-2008 Interview in Vietnam

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-11-08 Home from Vietnam

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

6-26-08 NOA2 for I-129F and I-130

6-25-08 Congressional Expediting Approved

6-23-08 Return to Vietnam for visit

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

3-26-08 Married in Vietnam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
All November filers that have NOT received NOA2, please list your recent touches.

I had two touches in a row on 16 and 17 January and nothing since. I was super excited because normally after two touches after the amount of time it was, means NOA2 is coming within a couple of days. Not ours though. Wonder if our package fell behind the coffee machine.

Timeline

Yes, we had NOA2 on the first touch and the one the day after was it being mailed or the like. Something seems odd with your case. Have you made any inquiries?

I had two touches in a row on 16 and 17 January and nothing since. I was super excited because normally after two touches after the amount of time it was, means NOA2 is coming within a couple of days. Not ours though. Wonder if our package fell behind the coffee machine.

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Timeline
Yes, we had NOA2 on the first touch and the one the day after was it being mailed or the like. Something seems odd with your case. Have you made any inquiries?

Nope, going by the web site they say don't inquire until they're 30 days past the month they show they're processing, which is now August 2006. I figured I won't get very far if I start asking at this point.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is why this touch concept is such an unknown.... The USCIS online status system is so inconsistent.... I am waiting for the USPS... I wont believe until I have the physical document in my hands...

Oh, BTW... my last touch was 02.21

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

Thank You very much for your tireless effort!

I have updated timelines as of last night

K-1 timelines

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Timeline

depending on how you search timelines a date will be omitted

if you search 11-1 -11-30 you will not get 11-1 I think. I may be wrong, usually am, lol

K-1 timelines

Ours has been left off there for some reason.

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

K-1 timelines

I just check the data file again... it is there.... :whistle:

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
That is why this touch concept is such an unknown.... The USCIS online status system is so inconsistent.... I am waiting for the USPS... I wont believe until I have the physical document in my hands...

Touches can mean a lot of things. Usually they mean a change in status or something is being changed in the file.

It can be an "approval" or it can something as simple as a typo error being caught and corrected (ie name or birthdate originally incorrectly keyed/fat fingered wrong into the system and officer catches it and makes the correction), it could mean an RFE was sent or RFE response recieved. It could mean its being transferred to a different section internally (with the center). It can mean a lot of things.

as a sidebar I'll add that little errors can cause big problems so when an officer catches one, its best to correct it right then. This is very common with foreign names where the names are not the same as western names and you (the officer) have to figure out what is the first, middle name and surname. Sometimes these names get juxtaposed in the system which causes a hiccup so to speak. I hate to point the finger at data entry people, but if they don't enter correct information into the system when the petition comes in then it will stay incorrect in the system until its brought to someones attention and corrected (ie a change of address being filed or called in or a case being worked).

We all know how easy it is to fatfinger our keys when entering data or typing a post here. Imagine entering foreign names and data all day everyday into a database as your job. After awhile you just get tired, all the names/letters start to run together and pretty soon you can drop a letter or two or transpose a correct date or something. Its just part of being human.

Another thing is you may have an inexperienced/newly hired officer adjudicating your petition and he makes a mistake (as we all do when we are in training for any job/part of learning). The mistake might not be caught until a supervisor reviews the case or its caught somewhere down the line. Inthe mean time it can potentially cause problems.

But touches are basically a change of information or staus pertaining to the actual case.

So, I hope that gives some additional insight into touches.

Timeline

2/20/07 - Mailed I-129 to NSC via Express Mail

2/21-07 - Application Received at NSC

2/26/07 - Transferred to CSC NOA1 recieved

2/28/07 - Touch

6/6/07 - Touch

6/12/07 - Touch

6/13/07 - Touch

6/21/07 - Touch

6/28/07 - APPROVED !

7/8/07 - Recieved hard copy NOA2

7/20/07 - NVC sends Petition to Kiev

9/26/07 - Interview scheduled

9/26/07 - Visa Issued for K-1

10/07/07 - Scheduled departure to US

10/07/07 - Arrives POE Chicago !! Woo HOO!!

Timeline

K-1 timelines

I just check the data file again... it is there.... :whistle:

Yeah it is, guess wiping the smudges off my computer monitor let me see it now. Thanks for pointing that out. Hehe

Timeline

Thank you very much for that insight. I hope our continuos questions do not run you off.

Touches can mean a lot of things. Usually they mean a change in status or something is being changed in the file.

It can be an "approval" or it can something as simple as a typo error being caught and corrected (ie name or birthdate originally incorrectly keyed/fat fingered wrong into the system and officer catches it and makes the correction), it could mean an RFE was sent or RFE response recieved. It could mean its being transferred to a different section internally (with the center). It can mean a lot of things.

as a sidebar I'll add that little errors can cause big problems so when an officer catches one, its best to correct it right then. This is very common with foreign names where the names are not the same as western names and you (the officer) have to figure out what is the first, middle name and surname. Sometimes these names get juxtaposed in the system which causes a hiccup so to speak. I hate to point the finger at data entry people, but if they don't enter correct information into the system when the petition comes in then it will stay incorrect in the system until its brought to someones attention and corrected (ie a change of address being filed or called in or a case being worked).

We all know how easy it is to fatfinger our keys when entering data or typing a post here. Imagine entering foreign names and data all day everyday into a database as your job. After awhile you just get tired, all the names/letters start to run together and pretty soon you can drop a letter or two or transpose a correct date or something. Its just part of being human.

Another thing is you may have an inexperienced/newly hired officer adjudicating your petition and he makes a mistake (as we all do when we are in training for any job/part of learning). The mistake might not be caught until a supervisor reviews the case or its caught somewhere down the line. Inthe mean time it can potentially cause problems.

But touches are basically a change of information or staus pertaining to the actual case.

So, I hope that gives some additional insight into touches.

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Timeline

100% agree. :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

HUSKERKIEV you're such a great addition to the forums here. Thanks for all your input and insight into this mysterious process.

Jim and Nhi

9-1-2008 abandoned K3

7-04-2008 Cleared NVC

4-30-08 NOA1 I-130

4-17-08 NOA1 I-129F

4-10-08 I-129F mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.