JayT80

Paying for AOS and but beneficiaries have no Passports yet?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got the letter from NVC, was trying to sign up for the Choose an Agent, but i got an error the next day, says Incomplete. It looks like i have to pay for the Affidavit of Support first. But my wife and child are still trying to get their passports. Is it ok to pay now? Or wait for their passports?

They're on IR1/2 visas.

Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got the letter from NVC, was trying to sign up for the Choose an Agent, but i got an error the next day, says Incomplete. It looks like i have to pay for the Affidavit of Support first. But my wife and child are still trying to get their passports. Is it ok to pay now? Or wait for their passports?

They're on IR1/2 visas.

Thank you

Complete choice of agent form first.

Then pay the AOS fees.

Once you pay aos fees,

they will invoice you for IV fees and

fill out ds260 form. (Now you will need passports)

Fill out i864 form and send iv documents and AOS documents

If you are having so much confusion, hire lawyer or rapidvisa to do documents for you.

Edited by nilx25

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

Then pay the AOS fees.

Once you pay aos fees,

If you are having so much confusion, hire lawyer or rapidvisa to do documents for you.

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to submit the ds260 without the passport? Just to follow soon?

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to submit the ds260 without the passport? Just to follow soon?

No you will need passport details for ds260. For civil documents, you will need copy of passport and PCC( passport clearence certificate). It will be about 1 and half month by the time you come around ds260. Most of people has problem collecting Affidavit of support documents and I864 because those 2 are big deal then ds260.

Timeline

Then pay the AOS fees.

Once you pay aos fees,

I already paid the AOS, still waiting for the IV invoice so i can pay, where do i get the DS260 form? Are they gonna send me the link or send it through mail?

Do i have to fill out 2 DS260 form for IR1/2?

Do i still have to fill up Form i864 for my wife IR1?

And my 7yo child IR2 for Form i864w?

Separately?

Thank you so much for the info again

Edited by JayT80

Timeline

I already paid the AOS, still waiting for the IV invoice so i can pay, where do i get the DS260 form? Are they gonna send me the link or send it through mail?

Do i have to fill out 2 DS260 form for IR1/2?

Do i still have to fill up Form i864 for my wife IR1?

And my 7yo child IR2 for Form i864w?

Separately?

Thank you so much for the info again

Can you please update your timeline so easier to look at your info. You will be invoived for IV fees. Once paid after few days DS260 will be accessible on ceac website. If you have 2 different case numbers, then everything need to be filled twice. You have to fill i864 for wife and I864w for kid because upon entry, child will be citizen since one parent (biological not stepfather)is citizen.

Timeline

Can you please update your timeline so easier to look at your info. You will be invoived for IV fees. Once paid after few days DS260 will be accessible on ceac website. If you have 2 different case numbers, then everything need to be filled twice. You have to fill i864 for wife and I864w for kid because upon entry, child will be citizen since one parent (biological not stepfather)is citizen.

Updated timeline.

Thank you

Timeline

Update:

After paying AOS fee for $120, it says "Paid" on my status, but cant find the form. Do i have to manually look for the form i864? Then fill up the form Then submit where? Do i have to submit this form with financial evidence?

I still didn't get the invoice for IV fees, do I have to wait for the invoice before submitting the form i864? is this for individual beneficiaries?

Edited by JayT80

Timeline

Do I have to submit/send the Form I864/i864w first? Or together with ds260 at the same time?

And also i still didnt get invoice for the IV form, when? Is it after i submit the form i864?

Edited by JayT80

Timeline

You need to pay IV fees first. After that send I864, I864w and civil documents togather. Ds260 is last thing you can do. Police clearence certificate need to be obtain by your wife in your country first. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.