AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Okay so they replied again with the same thing to my last email ?(sigh) this is what the said

Dear Sir/Madam:

Case transfers can take several weeks to arrive at the embassy from the time the transfer request is processed at the National Visa Center to the arrival of the files in Algiers. The U.S. Embassy in Algiers will contact you when your case arrives to let you know the date of your visa interview.

The embassy recommends that you do not travel to Algeria until after they provide you with a visa interview appointment date. You should plan to be in Algeria for up to one month while your case is being processed at the embassy. The Consular Section cannot provide an estimate on the processing time for your case as each case is different.

What do I do what do I say?! Im lost

Timeline

For people who had there cases transferred to Algeria:

Send an email to the IV unit at the embassy in Algiers requesting an interview and attach a photo of the beneficiaries entry stamp to Algeria. If there case has been electronically transferred then they may give you a appointment. This has worked for a few people. I personally just sent the email today

الله يوفق الجميع

Hey AbuAmina, the people you know that have done this did they encounter what I did with the emails and then got an interview or did they just get an interview after emailing them. Also, have you got a reply yet?! Check ur junk mail too

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I called NVC today and after an hr and half of waiting I finally got someone on the line.

1) when I asked for an update on my case he sounded so surprise that my husband got an interview to Egypt. Unfortunately but husband couldn't leave Yemen until after September 20th. I contacted embassy in Egypt and asked to reschedule but they won't bargain.

2) August 1st I sent an email to Algeria wanting to transfer the case (because I gave up Egypt and didn't know that they were going to give us an appointment) I got an email ten days later (August 10th) saying they accept the transfer and it will take several weeks for it to be transferred.

3) when I got the email from Egypt saying we have an interview date I emailed ivyemen and Algeria saying to stop the transfer because I have an appt in Egypt and no longer want my file to be transferred

4)today I got an email from ivyemen saying my file has been accepted for transfer

I had a panic attack because I no longer want it to be transferred to Algeria

5) I called NVC explaining the situation and telling them how do I stop the transfer because I don't want it in Algeria and that we are planning on going to Malaysia and the rep told me that now all cases they don't have interviews or didn't make it to their interviews will be transferred to Algeria and that Egypt is no longer accepting or progressing Yemeni cases

6) I asked abt electronic vs physical files and apparently and according to the rep some embassies do not operate with electronic files and that's way they request a physical file

I feel like this proceeds is getting messier and messier every day and I am just at lost

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Omg the same story happened to me and i was just stuck . Even nvc told me to stop sending to many emails saying i want to cancel the transfer then saying i want the transfer. They said it was causing a confusion.

Timeline

Omg the same story happened to me and i was just stuck . Even nvc told me to stop sending to many emails saying i want to cancel the transfer then saying i want the transfer. They said it was causing a confusion.

then what did you do? where's your case now?

Timeline

I cancelled the transfer request to djibouti cuz i got a email saying that my husband has a interview in cairo then my husband was not able to get a visa to cairo so we ended up just transfering it to djibouti and it took 2 months for it to actually be transfered to djibouti. Now hes just waiting for a interview

Timeline

I cancelled the transfer request to djibouti cuz i got a email saying that my husband has a interview in cairo then my husband was not able to get a visa to cairo so we ended up just transfering it to djibouti and it took 2 months for it to actually be transfered to djibouti. Now hes just waiting for a interview

If you don't mind to share when was your second update, today we had an update after our case said ready on aug 9.

Timeline

The first time it said ready was august 20th and then i checked today and it said transfer in progress again i think its the actual case. So inshallah kair

The first time it said ready was august 20th and then i checked today and it said transfer in progress again i think its the actual case. So inshallah kair

Timeline

Salam everyone,

My case originally was in Yemen then NVC transferred it to Cairo automatically after the US embassy closure and was given a new case # starts with CRO. I also requested an expedite request which was granted and so my wife's interview was ready. However, since Egypt now mandate visa for entry, I looked for other embassies and started with Jordan but was denied then tried with Algeria and it was accepted one week after I made the request. They accepted my request back in July 23rd. They said that it will take several weeks to send the files. Sadly until today I have not heard back yet.

what interesting is that my case was still in ready state even after the transfer request. The only thing changed when I look at the case status online is the last update date which was in 8/4 and that is after they approved the transfer in 7/23. anyone has the same issue when your case is still in ready state?

Timeline

did you email ivyemen to cancel it?

also has anyone heard about now transferring all cases to Algeria from egypt? is that true?

Timeline

did you email ivyemen to cancel it?

also has anyone heard about now transferring all cases to Algeria from egypt? is that true?

I have not heard that. I know some people can get in to Egypt without visa if they are 18 or below and 55 or higher. Some get security clearance from Egypt immigration office which allow their spouse to enter Egypt. I know some were able to get security clearance and others were rejected.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.