AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

my husband is still in Yemen Egypt gave him an appointment for august 26 (they literally sent the email Sunday night). My husband tried to book a flight and they don't have anything available until after august 24th. I request to have it moved a littler further into September so he has enough time and they told me that when he's in Egypt they will reschedule. it all doesn't make sense. He's going to miss his appointment, and i am telling them in advance and they just don't give a #######. and isn't the embassy suppose to give 30 day notice of interview date? not a week week notice?? I am so so angry right now and so sick of this process and this stupid system and politics.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

my husband is still in Yemen Egypt gave him an appointment for august 26 (they literally sent the email Sunday night). My husband tried to book a flight and they don't have anything available until after august 24th. I request to have it moved a littler further into September so he has enough time and they told me that when he's in Egypt they will reschedule. it all doesn't make sense. He's going to miss his appointment, and i am telling them in advance and they just don't give a #######. and isn't the embassy suppose to give 30 day notice of interview date? not a week week notice?? I am so so angry right now and so sick of this process and this stupid system and politics.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Listen sweetie let him go anyways as long as he can get in Egypt and make it for the interview date then thats good .. My husband told me that in algeria one of his friends literlly made it 2 days before his interview and he went without even having the exam yet so they told him that's fine just do the pyisical exam and send it to us and they also took his passport and now he's waiting forthe visa .. I mean ur husband can explain him self like I got a one week notice and I was only able to get out the country just 2 days b4 my interview I guess they can give him some slack cuz everything was just all messed up on everyend so inshallah Khair for u guys ... See me I had the almost the same thing happen to us literlly I had just left Yemen through Saudi and the day I arrived to America I check my email and we got an interview date for my husband for Cairo and it was only a 10 day notice for June 23.. Knowing he had to have a visa for Egypt we planned for him To go to Jordan then obtain a visa and leave for Cairo .... Buuuut because those were the days the airport started having flights my husband hardly found a flight to Jordan literlly on the 22nd this whole time were thinking he'll go and just get a visa to go to Egypt so knowing my husband wasn't going to be able to make it I tried contacting the the U.S. embassy in Cairo and we got the same reply that they will only be able to reschedule only when he has arrived to Cairo due to the fact that he may not be able to make it to what's the point of making a new appointment which he won't be able to go to .. So literlly we tried our hardest to get him a visa for Egypt but it wasn't working and that's when we decided to transfer to Algeria .. And here is where we stand today awaiting a new interview date here in algeris.. It's tough its hectic and stressful but alhamdlilah for everything and Allah Kareem

Timeline

The problem isn't that I am not letting him go, the problem is that there are no flights until after the 24th of August. Bas we are going to inwkl and Allah knows best.

How did your husband friend get to Egypt? Was it through Jordan? Was he able to obtain a visa without any problems because he had an interview date?

Listen sweetie let him go anyways as long as he can get in Egypt and make it for the interview date then thats good .. My husband told me that in algeria one of his friends literlly made it 2 days before his interview and he went without even having the exam yet so they told him that's fine just do the pyisical exam and send it to us and they also took his passport and now he's waiting forthe visa .. I mean ur husband can explain him self like I got a one week notice and I was only able to get out the country just 2 days b4 my interview I guess they can give him some slack cuz everything was just all messed up on everyend so inshallah Khair for u guys ... See me I had the almost the same thing happen to us literlly I had just left Yemen through Saudi and the day I arrived to America I check my email and we got an interview date for my husband for Cairo and it was only a 10 day notice for June 23.. Knowing he had to have a visa for Egypt we planned for him To go to Jordan then obtain a visa and leave for Cairo .... Buuuut because those were the days the airport started having flights my husband hardly found a flight to Jordan literlly on the 22nd this whole time were thinking he'll go and just get a visa to go to Egypt so knowing my husband wasn't going to be able to make it I tried contacting the the U.S. embassy in Cairo and we got the same reply that they will only be able to reschedule only when he has arrived to Cairo due to the fact that he may not be able to make it to what's the point of making a new appointment which he won't be able to go to .. So literlly we tried our hardest to get him a visa for Egypt but it wasn't working and that's when we decided to transfer to Algeria .. And here is where we stand today awaiting a new interview date here in algeris.. It's tough its hectic and stressful but alhamdlilah for everything and Allah Kareem

Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor at the NVC and I think I know why Djibouti and Algeria are taking a long time to schedule some people. I was told that they are waiting for a physical file but not all of us have physical files because there were so many cases transferred to Egypt. So basically they are waiting for nothing. Can anyone who was waiting for a physical file to arrive at Djibouti or Algeria tell us how long it took to arrive?

Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor at the NVC and I think I know why Djibouti and Algeria are taking a long time to schedule some people. I was told that they are waiting for a physical file but not all of us have physical files because there were so many cases transferred to Egypt. So basically they are waiting for nothing. Can anyone who was waiting for a physical file to arrive at Djibouti or Algeria tell us how long it took to arrive?

What do you mean they are waiting for nothing?

Technically all of us have a physical broke. That's the file you generally filed with us cia

Timeline

That's what I thought. The supervisor told me because of the large amount of cases they had to transfer to cairo that for a lot of cases they just transferred the electronic file. I'm just passing along what I was told. She also said they are trying to let embassies know not to wait for physical files and to just go off the electronic file.

Timeline

So are they saying that there's no physical file because everything has been electronic? How do the embassies not know this? And there are other countries that have gone electronic and you have to bring the originals during the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.