AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

When I spoke with a NVC supervisor he said I was put on the list of transfers on the 28thbof June but I didn't receive a approval of transfer email until July 7th. There are a lot of people in Algeria now and I don't think it's gonna be as easy to compare. I know people who were approved before me and haven't received interviews and people who were approved after me and received interviews the same week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I sent Algiers another email yesterday and I haven't heard from them back I hope it's a good sign. I also called my senator and I'm waiting for a call back beacuse he said it shouldn't be taking this long transfers should only take 2 weeks so inshallah Khair

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yea my husband has a interview in 20 days and his case just arrived today to djibouti from cairo. So i guess once ur case arrives they give u the appt date asap

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yea my husband has a interview in 20 days and his case just arrived today to djibouti from cairo. So i guess once ur case arrives they give u the appt date asap

Congrats

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to share my case timeline in case it helps anyone. I petitioned for my husband to come to the US.

May 15th: case was approved for expedite to Cairo

May 27th: case arrived in Cairo from NVC

June 1st: husband left Yemen by boat to Djibouti to try and get to Egypt

June 11th: husband finally got out of the port because he bought a ticket to Jordan, but when he got to Jordan he and other people arriving in Jordan were forced to go back where they came from

June 14th: husband back in Djibouti; sent transfer request email to embassy in Djibouti to have our case transferred to Djibouti

June 19th: sent transfer request email to IVYemen

August 2nd: "transfer in progress" to Djibouti on CEAC site

August 3rd: "ready" in Djibouti on CEAC site; embassy in Djibouti said they still need access to Cairo database to see our original petition but we'll hear back within a week for an appointment

August 10th: received email with interview appointment for August 20th

August 20th: interview in Djibouti; visa "issued" on CEAC website

August 23rd: husband received visa from embassy

So, my husband has been in Djibouti for three months for this whole process. It took 7 weeks till the case was "ready" in Djibouti, 1 week till we got the interview email, and 10 days before the interview. The visa was issued the same day as the interview, and he picked it up three days later alhamdulillah.

Timeline

I just wanted to share my case timeline in case it helps anyone. I petitioned for my husband to come to the US.

May 15th: case was approved for expedite to Cairo

May 27th: case arrived in Cairo from NVC

June 1st: husband left Yemen by boat to Djibouti to try and get to Egypt

June 11th: husband finally got out of the port because he bought a ticket to Jordan, but when he got to Jordan he and other people arriving in Jordan were forced to go back where they came from

June 14th: husband back in Djibouti; sent transfer request email to embassy in Djibouti to have our case transferred to Djibouti

June 19th: sent transfer request email to IVYemen

August 2nd: "transfer in progress" to Djibouti on CEAC site

August 3rd: "ready" in Djibouti on CEAC site; embassy in Djibouti said they still need access to Cairo database to see our original petition but we'll hear back within a week for an appointment

August 10th: received email with interview appointment for August 20th

August 20th: interview in Djibouti; visa "issued" on CEAC website

August 23rd: husband received visa from embassy

So, my husband has been in Djibouti for three months for this whole process. It took 7 weeks till the case was "ready" in Djibouti, 1 week till we got the interview email, and 10 days before the interview. The visa was issued the same day as the interview, and he picked it up three days later alhamdulillah.

Can u tell us what kind of interview questions that would ask and if it is in Arabic or English if there is a translator if not and if they are hard on Yemeni citizens given all the ####### they have been put thru

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Does any one hAve a Ytc number and has his electronic file but physical file not yet at Djibouti. What's going on with those cases.

Any help is appreciated

Mine is still ytc and both the physical and electronic file is in djibouti i hope that helps

My physical file came on August 11 but still no physical file. My case didn't even show transfer in progress it automatically showed 2 cases one is Ytc.. Cro

Ytc.. DJI

Has anyone expierenced anything like this.

I'm sorry I meant my electronic file came on August 11

Timeline

I made transfer request from Cairo to Algeria over a month ago. My case until today still shows as ready state but I cannot confirm if my files went to the embassy or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.