danielenglish

CC but DS-260 confirmation's email never received

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi guys,

As per the topic's title, I recently got the email for CC (and also called the NVC for confirmation); however, I have never received the email that acknowledges receipt of form DS-260 (which I submitted on the 12th of July ).

As far as I have understood that may happen since I heard there are people that never received that email but their case came to a completion regardless of that.

I am writing now to see if there is someone else on VJ that experienced the same situation as mine.

Thanks a lot in advance for any contribution.

don't worry same me and other ....also got my cc without email for ds260

PD 02/ OCT 2013

NVC

25/march 2015 Welcome letter received with bar-code letter
05/April 2015 DS 261 Completed
01/April 2015 AOS Fee Paid
10/May 2015 Received letter from NVC for approved my DS 261
18/May 2015 AOS and IV sent....

21 May 2015 Scan date .....received email form NVC on 29 of May

29/May 2015 Sent money order by mail for IV fee

04 june 2015 IV Fee Paid (email from NVC on 10 of June )

22 june 2015 received check list letter from NVC For not filling of ds260 !!!!

25 june 2015 scan date for AOS (check list )

26 june 2015 IV paid

29 july CC

interview by 24 sep email received by 31 of august

Timeline

Sam19866, thank you for the answer and sorry for the late reply.

I know what you are saying and I agree with you (once case is complete, may a confirmation page for form DS-260 really cause a problem at time of interview?). However, a - very kind - VJ user recommend me to get that confirmation page as it is of vital importance.

Here is the link he/she suggested me to follow: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545590-ds-260-print-confirmation-page-help/

What do you guys think about that?

Thank you

Timeline

Hey guys,

Really none has to say something with this regard?

I know that someone says the DS-260's confirmation page is not that important and the process can continue without it BUT - on the other hand - I am getting different suggestions from those who believe the paper is fundamental to successfully get through the interview.

Any experience and/or advices?

Thank you!!

Timeline

Hi guys,

I am resuming this topic as I had the confirmation from the NVC that the page shown after submitting the DS-260 is to be printed and provided at time of interview.

I really do not understand how come I missed this (as am usually very careful when it comes to this kind of matters) but - at the same time - I do not get how the NVC did not send me and my wife that confirmation page.

As far as I have read on VJ I am not the only one that is experiencing this situation but I believe no everyone is aware of the importance of that since many say that the process cannot be affected by not having the confirmation page.

However, this is not what I got after having inquired the NVC.

What do you guys think about that?

Thanks!!

Edited by danielenglish

Timeline

I have just checked my email and the only ones I received from the NVC regarding the DS-260 are: 1) IV Application Cover Page and 2) IV Fee Payment Receipt Details.

The strange thing is that on saturday the 11th of July I sent the NVC the package and got a confirmation email (acknowledging its receipt) the 16th of July, THEN on sunday the 12th of july (so the following day) I submitted the DS-260 but never received the confirmation email.

I logged in the CEAC website and the IV Application shown as "completed"..

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

To view the confirmation page:

Login to the CEAC website. Click IV Application at the top. Click View. Click Sign at the top. And you should arrive at the DS-260 confirmation page. They don't email the DS-260 confirmation page unless you click and ask for it to be e-mailed.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Timeline

Thank you very much teeak, it's been very kind of you.

I only hope I am not going to duplicate the submission of form DS-260 or, even worse, mess up and have the case re-opened (although I am ware that is just paranoid).

Timeline

Given that to make any changes to the DS-260 after submitting it, you need to call NVC and tell them to open it and manually make the changes, I'd say you're in the clear. Once submitted, it is locked for editing so just viewing the confirmation page shouldn't reset everything.

F2B

Timeline

No worries! Best of luck!! :)

F2B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.