JimS

When paying K-1 and K-2 visa fees, is Visa case number needed or more?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Besides the visa case number, what other information is needed by Bank of the Philippines to process the fee correctly for K-1 and K-2? I'm assuming the beneficiary's name and child's names are needed?

Thanks for you help!

Jim

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Besides the visa case number, what other information is needed by Bank of the Philippines to process the fee correctly for K-1 and K-2? I'm assuming the beneficiary's name and child's names are needed?

Thanks for you help!

Jim

You need a deposit slip for EACH visa, information in my link. You take the deposit slip and passport to BPI for EACH person and pay for each separately.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

There's pages you must process and print on the Manila US Embassy website when paying at BPI. They have a validity of about a week or so, and must be paid before they expire, or you will need to print new ones. Go to the BPI branch with one page for each visa application and pay the correct fees, they will hand receipts in return, and then you're set for interview any time you wish to schedule it.

Thanks for you help!

Jim

You need the visa payment receipt that is generated from a link. If your not paying online then she needs to bring her passport as we have heard some cases that the bank will require it. Some do some don't, go figure.

More details and the link is here.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thanks for the helpful answers to my questions. I will add this to the info I pass along to my fiancé.

Just wonder if in addition to her passport and that of the baby, if the visa case number is also needed? This is the MNL #.

Thanks!

Jim

Timeline

Thanks for the helpful answers to my questions. I will add this to the info I pass along to my fiancé.

Just wonder if in addition to her passport and that of the baby, if the visa case number is also needed? This is the MNL #.

Thanks!

Jim

Nope MNL # is not requested. But I would have it before paying the visa fee

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Nope MNL # is not requested. But I would have it before paying the visa fee

She has the documents required for paying the visa fees downloaded and printed.

She went to a BPI branch and they told her that she needs to go to a BPI main bank.

Nobody has ever said that before. Just another setback in this tortuous journey....

Thank God we only need to go through this once... I'm very displeased!

Jim

She went to a BPI branch and they told her that she needs to go to a BPI main bank.

Nobody has ever said that before. Just another setback in this tortuous journey....

Jim

:wow: If you would have had gone, as I had suggested in and earlier post, to my website it clearly states to call ahead to the branch your going to, to insure they do indeed will take a visa payment. :bonk:

Now, I can lead you to the water but . . .

There is one more "gotcha" but they won't tell you what it is but my website will.

That's why Hank and I have spent so much time on helping folks like you with our websites, so you will not make the same mistake that others have. Whatever you do Good Luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Jim

Smaller branches of BPI are not setup to handle the visa payment.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Jim

Sorry Jim. I was a little hard on you with my reply. Let's get you going straight without any hiccups. There are a lot of good people that can and willing to help. This is a process that can stump you to why is this happening to me or why do they do it that way, process. Try and not get discourage or you will have a rough go of it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

:wow: If you would have had gone, as I had suggested in and earlier post, to my website it clearly states to call ahead to the branch your going to, to insure they do indeed will take a visa payment. :bonk:

Now, I can lead you to the water but . . .

There is one more "gotcha" but they won't tell you what it is but my website will.

That's why Hank and I have spent so much time on helping folks like you with our websites, so you will not make the same mistake that others have. Whatever you do Good Luck.

I see your apology in a later post.

I just want to get the process right and in your answer you brow beat me? Visa Journey has evolved.. And It's not the positive place it used to be...

You said if I had gone to your website... Are you clairvoyant? I did go there! But the information is so complex I came back to Visa Journey for quick answers... okay? That is what Visa Journey is for, correct?

13 years ago i was here, answering questions about IR visas. I knew the answers and was qualified to answer many questions--I had a different userid then. Now, since things have evolved in the process and we are doing a K-1 visa, i have some idea of the process, but still require help....

Thanks,

Jim

Timeline

Smaller branches of BPI are not setup to handle the visa payment.

She has a Philippine National Bank branch near her--that is where she went. Did PNB merge with BPI as I read in Inquirer Philippines News? Do they both accept payments for visa fees?

If not, I will be sure that she goes to BPI because that is what the Manila embassy site says.

Thanks!

Jim

Timeline

She has a Philippine National Bank branch near her--that is where she went. Did PNB merge with BPI as I read in Inquirer Philippines News? Do they both accept payments for visa fees?

If not, I will be sure that she goes to BPI because that is what the Manila embassy site says.

Thanks!

Jim

Have not heard tha, it appears it is just rumors, and those died 3 years ago. http://www.interaksyon.com/business/50617/bpi-pnb-merger-talks-end

She has to go to a BPI bank ONLY.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Sorry Jim. I was a little hard on you with my reply. Let's get you going straight without any hiccups. There are a lot of good people that can and willing to help. This is a process that can stump you to why is this happening to me or why do they do it that way, process. Try and not get discourage or you will have a rough go of it.

She is beginning the process of filling out the DS-160 for her K-1 and K-2 for her baby. They ask for a "priority date". Where can that be found?

Also, in your documentation it says the DS-160 must be signed by the individual applying. Who signs for her baby? May seem like a stupid question but as I said before we want to get this right.

Thanks!

Jim

She is beginning the process of filling out the DS-160 for her K-1 and K-2 for her baby. They ask for a "priority date". Where can that be found?

Also, in your documentation it says the DS-160 must be signed by the individual applying. Who signs for her baby? May seem like a stupid question but as I said before we want to get this right.

Thanks!

Jim

Priority Date; this is the date the NOA 1 was received/created. You will not find the priority date entered on the NOA2, you will only find it on the email/letter from NVC when you get your MNL # or the NOA1. See the example on my webguide. You will see it highlighted with a red box - same as notice date.

Mother signs for the baby using her personal signature and after her signature she will add "(mother)".

The question that is not asked is stupid. Keep coming back and asking your questions. We want you to get this right and completed without any hiccups.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.