Atd423

COSTA RICA PHYSICAL EXAM

8 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Members,

My husband has already done the blood test and the X-Rays for the medical exams. The last exam that is left is the physical exam. My husband is extremely nervous, because he hates going to any kind of medical exam or appointment at that. Haha. But I was wondering if, especially people who have done these exams in Costa Rica (after doing some research Ive noticed that the experiences are totally different based on the country) could give us some past experiences of the physical exam so he knows what he is in for. I would greatly appreciate it. Of course I would appreciate many Costa Rican responses but Im open to experiences abroad as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and for those of you responding. Thank you!!!!

~~moved to Latin America regional forum as OP is looking for regional experiences specifically from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband just did his in Colombia. He said it was super easy. He did not have vaccine records, so they determined that he needed three vaccines which they gave him on the spot. He said that he was asked a bunch of questions regarding his past (medical history). It was no biggie.

My husband just did his in Colombia. He said it was super easy. He did not have vaccine records, so they determined that he needed three vaccines which they gave him on the spot. He said that he was asked a bunch of questions regarding his past (medical history). It was no biggie.

Thank you so much for replying... So Im guessing they had to feel around his body aswell? I just want to know what he is in for, like if he will have to remove his clothes, what kind of questions they will ask. You know?

once again, i appreciate all your help and input!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

He had to be in his underwear, but that was it. (No physical exam...must be nice! I wish women's exams were that way!) They asked if he ever had cancer, HIV, or hepatitis. What specifically is he afraid of?

He had to be in his underwear, but that was it. (No physical exam...must be nice! I wish women's exams were that way!) They asked if he ever had cancer, HIV, or hepatitis. What specifically is he afraid of?

Wow thats great to hear. I guess just about getting nude or having to be sent to other rooms alone. He is just the kind of guy that hates surprises so he has been trying to figure out what exactly to expect. LOL. I know its crazy but I guess I could understand. :luv:

So yeah just basically the whole process...I really appreciate all your help!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello VJ Members,

My husband has already done the blood test and the X-Rays for the medical exams. The last exam that is left is the physical exam. My husband is extremely nervous, because he hates going to any kind of medical exam or appointment at that. Haha. But I was wondering if, especially people who have done these exams in Costa Rica (after doing some research Ive noticed that the experiences are totally different based on the country) could give us some past experiences of the physical exam so he knows what he is in for. I would greatly appreciate it. Of course I would appreciate many Costa Rican responses but Im open to experiences abroad as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post and for those of you responding. Thank you!!!!

Hello! I am just curious as to how his physical went?? My fiance is going to have his this month in Costa Rica. Which doctor did he use? Also, do you know if he received drug tests during the blood exam?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I am just curious as to how his physical went?? My fiance is going to have his this month in Costa Rica. Which doctor did he use? Also, do you know if he received drug tests during the blood exam?

Thanks![/quot

Hey it went great thanks for asking. He used Dr. Rogelio Pardon Evans.The blood exam is done in a separate lab in San Jose and it only tests for syphylis nothing else hence why its so cheap. Plus the lady at the lab said so. No worries!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.