SCUBE

Question about biometrics. Please share your experience.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We've filed two applications for me and my husband, but we got the biometrics notice only for me!

We'll be out of country on the actual FP so we are going for early FP tommorow

So now my question is

Did anybody got thier biometric notices separately?

I understand that these two are different applications and must be processed separately but lot of VJ experiences tells us that the separation starts from interview stage!

Will they allow us to do the biometrics with our available NBC* and A# for my husband without having the actual notice?

Thank you.

We've filed two applications for me and my husband, but we got the biometrics notice only for me!

We'll be out of country on the actual FP so we are going for early FP tommorow

So now my question is

Did anybody got thier biometric notices separately?

I understand that these two are different applications and must be processed separately but lot of VJ experiences tells us that the separation starts from interview stage!

Will they allow us to do the biometrics with our available NBC* and A# for my husband without having the actual notice?

Thank you.

Absolutely NO. You have to have Biometric Notice in hand.

Biometric Notice has a specific barcode that contents your information such as Name, DOB, Address, SSN (It doesn't show on your notice) etc. I believe the ASC device can only read this barcode.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Absolutely NO. You have to have Biometric Notice in hand.

Biometric Notice has a specific barcode that contents your information such as Name, DOB, Address, SSN (It doesn't show on your notice) etc. I believe the ASC device can only read this barcode.

Concur. You need the notice or else you won't be allowed to do it.

Good luck!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the replies!

Today I got my FP done earlier than scheduled without any major issues. Here is my experience... The lady at the sign-in desk greeted me even before I reached her. Her pleasant demeanor took half the burden away!

She asked for the notice and upon checking said i was supposed to come on the actual FP date. I told her the reason for coming early but she said they are not doing walkins anymore and they stopped some 2years back!!

Then I told her about my call to USCIS where they said that I can go to the ASC and request for walkin..at that point she said she'll check with her supervisor and asked me to wait..there were like 10-15 other people waiting!

She spoke with her supervisor inbetween and after 20' or so she said come and complete the paperwork fast before the she comes back! I thanked her for the kind consideration and waited for my turn.

The whole thing was done in 10'. Before leaving I thanked the lady at the desk again and she even wished me for my trip!!

Upon coming back, we checked the mail and saw my husband's FP notice too which is scheduled for 8/17.....feeling relieved now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.