cyclone27

Waiting on NVC to Schedule Interview - HCMC

186 posts in this topic

Passed our interview today. It was quite easy and fast. Got there at 7, waiting in line for finger prints were longest. After that, we sat down for maybe 5 mins, got called up for paperwork preparation for the interview. Then maybe another 15 mins for a 3 mins interview. We had the option to expedite the visa for about $12. The interviewer were very friendly across the board, unless they feel sketchy then they make the ####### faces

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats another success!!!! Like I said I think they know already who will be granted a visa before even being interviewed. It's just a formality to eyeball you and make sure they didn't miss anything. If you have a complete packet and are legitimate you have nothing to worry about!

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Congrats, Jho!

I read about the PINK sheet with your folder when you turn in the paperwork for the interview. Many of the older threads mentioned about seeing a pink slip as opposed to blue. So when we went to our interview, I paid close attention to the color of the checklist that they use to check off things that they want you to turn in. Ours was pink.

Did you guys notice pink as well?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats Jho

I only see blue sheets, no more pink sheets for the people that passed

Edited by lufyz

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1 - Dec 22, 2014

I-130 NOA2 - Jun 17, 2015

NVC Received - July 10, 2015

Case # and INN - July 27, 2015

Submitted DS-261 - July 27, 2015

Pay AOS Bill - July 28, 2015

Send AOS & IV Package - Aug 5, 2015

Pay IV Bill - Aug 6, 2015

Submitted DS-260 - Aug 8, 2015

Scan Date - Aug 7, 2015

Case Completed - Aug 27, 2015

Expedite request - Sep 2, 2015

Expedite request approved - Sep 9, 2015

Interview Appointment - Sep 21, 2015

Interview Date - Sep 25, 2015

Visa Approved - Sep 25, 2015

Wife had interview yesterday now want more paperwork. Pictures from my last marriage and credit card verification that I and not the wife purchased the tickets. Joy getting these 7 - 14 days. I think my wife overdressed in a white tailored suit. Good news just a few more days and she says every thing else went well. She has a tendency to look too prosperous watch out for this. Do not overdress.

How do you know overdressing had any impact albeit intruiging observation?

They wanted validation you didn't preprocure air travel ?

Wife had interview yesterday now want more paperwork. Pictures from my last marriage and credit card verification that I and not the wife purchased the tickets. Joy getting these 7 - 14 days. I think my wife overdressed in a white tailored suit. Good news just a few more days and she says every thing else went well. She has a tendency to look too prosperous watch out for this. Do not overdress.

My wife had more trouble than most and I saw the tailored suit she had made for the interview and she looked very prosperous and I pay all the expenses for her and her daughter. She could walk into the best restaurant you can find and look overdressed. I just got the paper from the service and they want a lot more information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well business casual is prob the way to go for attire.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Thanks guys, it was quite a journey. Today was white sheet for pass. Blue for fail. They only looked at our puctures before marriage and nothing else as evidence of relationship. Timeline wasnt even looked at. I didn't notice what color was the checklist.

Edited by Jho369

May 7, 2014 - I-130 sent to Chicago, IL Lockbox

May 12, 2014 - Case recieved at Chicago, IL.

May 13, 2014 - Case accepted. Received LIN#. Case forwarded to USCIS, Nebraska. i-797 hard copy received shortly after.

Timeline

Thanks guys, it was quite a journey. Today was white sheet for pass. Blue for fail. They only looked at our puctures before marriage and nothing else as evidence of relationship. Timeline wasnt even looked at. I didn't notice what color was the checklist.

congrats!

Timeline

My wife had more trouble than most and I saw the tailored suit she had made for the interview and she looked very prosperous and I pay all the expenses for her and her daughter. She could walk into the best restaurant you can find and look overdressed. I just got the paper from the service and they want a lot more information.

congrats to you too! submit that paperwork and youll be on your way! (or she will!) :joy:

• 4 weeks later...

Sent all the paper work after an initial disappointment they said she had too much paperwork and gave her the visa OK, a week later the visa comes and she flies to the US Nov 16. Process is long and the government dings you if you miss one small detail in the paperwork and sometime the system has glitches. 19 and a half months since the application date to her flight. I did everything here myself not sure that was the most expedient way to go. The service she used marveled I was able to negotiate it here.

what do you mean 'after an initial disappointment'' and 'too much paperwork'?

Sent all the paper work after an initial disappointment they said she had too much paperwork and gave her the visa OK, a week later the visa comes and she flies to the US Nov 16.

The original interview was inconclusive they said we had "no common language" my wife got confused and reverted to Vietnamese. We got a green paper asking me for my ex-wife's personal info (they thought she was Vietnamese and this was a reoccurring thing) My airline purchase records (they thought she paid me to fly there) and a chronology of our relationship. For her they wanted a family tree and to know if she had relatives in the US (she does not). They obviously thought this was a financial arrangement. My wife had every Western Union receipt, I support her and her 13 year old daughter and recently paid for her son's wedding. This plus photos and hotel receipts convinced them and she got the visa approval and a week later the visa. If she could of she would have left the same day.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.