Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Karam and Jamie

Work Permit

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My husband's work permit expires January 19th of 2016. I have on my calendar to renew it on September 1st. Is this right? Is there an area on here that I can look this up? How much does it cost?

His Green Card says Permanent Resident so does that mean we don't have to renew his Work Permit?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he has his I-551 2-year Conditional Green Card, he is a Permanent Resident, and as such, he no longer has any need for EAD or AP cards.

Good luck on you immigration journey.

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about EAD/AP renewals after AOS approval, no longer K1~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

His Green Card says Permanent Resident so does that mean we don't have to renew his Work Permit?


His green card is also his work authorization. He no longer needs his work permit (EAD). No need to renew the work permit.


Rights and Responsibilities of a Green Card Holder (Permanent Resident)

Your Rights as a Permanent Resident

As a permanent resident (green card holder), you have the right to:

Live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable under immigration law

Work in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing. (Please note that some jobs will be limited to U.S. citizens for security reasons)

Be protected by all laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions

Edited by aaron2020

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.