manilaboy83

Any idea why NBC has this 6 month delay? concurrent I-485 / I-130 filed last Dec 2014. Waiver for interview received.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I petitioned my mother last year and submitted concurrent I-130/I-485 application last December 2014. EAD approved around March but received this "Waiver for Interview" letter last April stating that there is an (approximate) 6 month delay. I called the NBC hotline few times but they were giving me different information. I have an MSC receipt and was told NBC handles it.Next call told me it is being handled by our local office. This confuses me as i don't know anymore which service center to check for the processing times.

Does anyone here know what to do to expedite this or has any idea how long the process takes with this delay? i will really appreciate any info you cna share

Timeline

What does you USCIS case status check say?

You should be approved and your case will go to local office.

It says "On December 23, 2014, we received your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx.." Its been like this for like 8 long months now. I called and the reps say nothing but just to wait for the resolution as they cant provide more information. the Interview waiver we received last April says there will be a 6 month delay (not case/application related) from the date it was printed (april 20, 2015). One rep told me the application could have been forwarded to the local office so i went online and check the processing times and doesnt show any info for I130 or I485. ive been wanting to request to get these applications expedited but im just worried that they'd tell me "6 months from april is october" and they mess up the applications

Timeline

i called NBC hotline as this is really getting frustrating but even the agents there dont know what's going on nor know what to say. It's like i say black, they say YES you are correct sir, then i say white later on and will say YES you are correct sir also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.