Dantrolene

Help prep supporting documents please!

10 posts in this topic

Hi, Please help me answering these questions correctly asap..

1- My US spouse doesn't have a birth certificate, but her US passport states place of birth is Massachusetts, USA. Is the passport enough or Birth certificate is a MUST ?

2- My spouse doesn't remember the actual date of filing a form for a former Alien relative, should be okay if she entered an estimate close date or is it better to leave it blank ?

3- Is opening a joint bank account with my spouse only 2 days before sending our packages can be an issue or a suspicious thing ? The balance of money in the bank account should be not less than certain amount or any balance is okay ?

4- Should the wedding photos we send be in a frame-style photo or paper-printed photos is okay ?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1. The US passport should suffice. I recommend including a separate piece of paper to mention.

2. I would estimate and then include a separate piece of paper explaining not knowing the exact date.

3. I don't see how that would be suspicious, that is a good, joint account sounds like a bona fide relationship to me. As long as money is in the account then you should be good.

4. I plan to send photo printed at a 1 hour photo store. I would think paper-printed photo's are ok.

1. The US passport should suffice. I recommend including a separate piece of paper to mention.

2. I would estimate and then include a separate piece of paper explaining not knowing the exact date.

3. I don't see how that would be suspicious, that is a good, joint account sounds like a bona fide relationship to me. As long as money is in the account then you should be good.

4. I plan to send photo printed at a 1 hour photo store. I would think paper-printed photo's are ok.

Thanks for your answers. Few more things to be clarified please..

1- Including a separate piece of paper to mention what exactly ?

3-Should the account be checking or saving is okay ?

5- I still don't understand the payment method of forms I-130 and I-458, how can this be done in case I want to pay by check ?

6- Regarding the cover letter, should I create cover letter for each form ( and its documents ) Or one cover letter for all the package including everything ?

7- The brief summary of our relationship, should be written by petitioner or beneficiary, which is better ?

Thanks.

5- I still don't understand the payment method of forms I-130 and I-458, how can this be done in case I want to pay by check ?

6- Regarding the cover letter, should I create cover letter for each form ( and its documents ) Or one cover letter for all the package including everything ?

7- The brief summary of our relationship, should be written by petitioner or beneficiary, which is better ?

Thanks.

1. Don't include a letter. The passport can be submitted as evidence of citizenship in lieu of a birth certificate.

3. Why not get both? The more evidence you provide the better.

5. Send one personal check for the total amount of $1490. Some people send multiple checks thinking that each application is a separate process. It's not, it's all one process. A personal check is better because you can track the payment.

6. One cover letter is sufficient. Again, many people think that each applications is treated separately. Both the I-485 and I-130 will be processed together.

7. Don't waist your time with a summary of your relationship, USCIS wants evidence.

Also, print your photos on a 8.5" X 11" piece of paper. You can do two per page or you can enlarge them to cover the entire paper, your choice. They hole punch the top of each paper and they put it in a folder. They can't do that with small 6" X 4" pictures.

Edited by Ricdan

Timeline

Thanks.

For item 1, now that I think about it, why can't your petitioner get a copy of their birth certificate. See here: https://www.usa.gov/replace-vital-documents#item-36582

For item 3, I don't think it will matter.

For item 5, both can be paid by check. See instruction here for the I-458: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

and for the I-130: http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf

For item 6, a cover letter for each form would be appropriate. It is my understanding that a cover letter is not required.

For item 7, it will probably be better if the petitioners does it.

Timeline

1. Don't include a letter. The passport can be submitted as evidence of citizenship in lieu of a birth certificate.

3. Why not get both? The more evidence you provide the better.

5. Send one personal check for the total amount of $1490. Some people send multiple checks thinking that each application is a separate process. It's not, it's all one process. A personal check is better because you can track the payment.

6. One cover letter is sufficient. Again, many people think that each applications is treated separately. Both the I-485 and I-130 will be processed together.

7. Don't waist your time with a summary of your relationship, USCIS wants evidence.

Also, print your photos on a 8.5" X 11" piece of paper. You can do two per page or you can enlarge them to cover the entire paper, your choice. They hole punch the top of each paper and they put it in a folder. They can't do that with small 6" X 4" pictures.

To the original poster, I would defer to this post.

Thank you so much for your informative answers guys.

1-Regarding class of admission, MY visa class is B1B2, on I-94, it says B1. What should I type on the application forms?

2-Should I write something on the envelope contains all applications from outside ? Like the address of postal office in Chicago, the sender's name and address or anything else ?

Thank you so much for your informative answers guys.

1-Regarding class of admission, MY visa class is B1B2, on I-94, it says B1. What should I type on the application forms?

2-Should I write something on the envelope contains all applications from outside ? Like the address of postal office in Chicago, the sender's name and address or anything else ?

1. You're over thinking this one. Both B1 and B2 are combined into one visa. Ones for leisure and the other for business. Enter either b1b2 or just "visitor visa" or just "visitor".

2. Write return address in case the post office needs to return it to you. USCIS recommends that you write on the envelope itself as to the nature of your submission. For example, "AOS for immediate relative of a US citizen."

1. You're over thinking this one. Both B1 and B2 are combined into one visa. Ones for leisure and the other for business. Enter either b1b2 or just "visitor visa" or just "visitor".

2. Write return address in case the post office needs to return it to you. USCIS recommends that you write on the envelope itself as to the nature of your submission. For example, "AOS for immediate relative of a US citizen."

Appreciate your inputs sir Ricdan.

One last question regarding my adjust status application, what is the nonimmigrant Visa number ? Is it the same as Visa control number ? or something else ?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.