Sumeja

Sending K1 application tomorrow, can someone review it for me?

3 posts in this topic

Hey there everyone! I'm getting ready to send out my K1 visa application tomorrow on August 2nd (my birthday!) I am extremely nervous as most of you can already imagine! My fiancé is located in Bosnia and I'm from Chicago sending my app to the Lewisville, Texas lockbox.

A basic overview of what I included was: cover letter, payment, I-129f and a very long attached statement on how we met, g-1145 for both my fiancé and I (signed) and including passport style photos, my US passport from first to last page, certificate of naturalzation, intent to marry from my fiancé and I (signed), proof of having met in person in the last two years; I'm including my boarding pass for my visit this summer but I don't have any proof of traveling last summer except for the stamps on my passport. Will the lack of proof of travel cause any trouble? I do have a receipt with our names on it from a travel agency stating we went to Istanbul together this summer which I'm sending, proof of on going relationship including over 20 photos of us together, I have a few conversations over the past few months, but they are in Bosnian. I'm going to translate them to English myself but I am concerned about the translation not being notarized, and I also attached a thank you letter simply thanking them for reviewing my application...

I also have the I-134 form completed but I realized its not necessary to send out now but I know some people still do( would it be a better idea to send it now or wait until they ask for it?

Also, my fiancé and I were under the impression that we had to get copies of his police records, proof he has no marriage impediments, and proof he's a Bosnian citizen and send them with the I-129f. So we got all that done ahead of time, translated to English, and then had it notarized it court. We found out that wasn't needed until he gets called to the interview a while from now... Lol. So, we're going to hang on to that until it's time for his interview. But I'm glad we got that done with and its one less thing to worry about!

Can somebody review this info before I send it out, and tell me if I'm missing anything? Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey there everyone! I'm getting ready to send out my K1 visa application tomorrow on August 2nd (my birthday!) I am extremely nervous as most of you can already imagine! My fiancé is located in Bosnia and I'm from Chicago sending my app to the Lewisville, Texas lockbox.

A basic overview of what I included was: cover letter, payment, I-129f and a very long attached statement on how we met, g-1145 for both my fiancé and I (signed) and including passport style photos, my US passport from first to last page, certificate of naturalzation, intent to marry from my fiancé and I (signed), proof of having met in person in the last two years; I'm including my boarding pass for my visit this summer but I don't have any proof of traveling last summer except for the stamps on my passport. Will the lack of proof of travel cause any trouble? I do have a receipt with our names on it from a travel agency stating we went to Istanbul together this summer which I'm sending, proof of on going relationship including over 20 photos of us together, I have a few conversations over the past few months, but they are in Bosnian. I'm going to translate them to English myself but I am concerned about the translation not being notarized, and I also attached a thank you letter simply thanking them for reviewing my application...

I also have the I-134 form completed but I realized its not necessary to send out now but I know some people still do( would it be a better idea to send it now or wait until they ask for it?

Also, my fiancé and I were under the impression that we had to get copies of his police records, proof he has no marriage impediments, and proof he's a Bosnian citizen and send them with the I-129f. So we got all that done ahead of time, translated to English, and then had it notarized it court. We found out that wasn't needed until he gets called to the interview a while from now... Lol. So, we're going to hang on to that until it's time for his interview. But I'm glad we got that done with and its one less thing to worry about!

Can somebody review this info before I send it out, and tell me if I'm missing anything? Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone. :)

Do you have G-325A forms from both of you? You can also print out itineraries from the flights. Everything else looks ok.

You will need i-134 form at the interview.

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-02-04

I-129F RFE(s) : no RFES

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-06-09

NOA2 hard copy: 2015-06-13

Sent to NVC: 2015-06-17

New case number assigned : 2015-06-29

NVC Left : 2015-07-07

Consulate Received : 2015-07-10

Medical: 2015-07-14

Interview Date : 2015-07-20 Approved!!!

Visa in hand: 2015-07-23

Entry to the USA (Orlando, FL): 2015-08-25

Marriage: 2015-09-25

AOS sent: 2015-10-20

NOA1: 2015-10-31

Fingerprints: 2015-11-30

RFE: 2015-12-15

Green card in hands: 2016-03-04

The g-1145 is the e-notification form.. are you meaning two G-325A?

Also there is no need to send a thank you letter. You are paying them afterall; and while it offers no guarantee of approval, it does lead me to ask: don't forget the check properly made out for the amount of $340.

I-134 is not sent to the USCIS. They have nothing to do with this form. This is something that needs to be sent to the fiancé along with financial evidence during interview time.

Lastly, do you have everything secured with paperclips? In particular the US sized passport photos? Are the letters of intent and G-325A all originally signed instead of photocopies?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.