52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

for me he was here 10 years before I met him so here are real estate attorneys fees a long time ago he had no intention to Marion I just stayed in for 3 years and then I married him and realized he came here on a tourist season so no there was no intent he still does not married now so he probably should never marry again I would recommend you marrying anybody on a tourist visa you coming here for another visit in sending in your paperwork

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry my phone didn't pick up my voice very well come back save all your receipts and submit the paperwork and make sure to take a lot of pictures. look up the process here on k1 visa forum and follow the directions tell your fiance to save every receipt as primary evidence. you don't want to send in a weak 129f petition and get a denied and just have to wait a whole year because then have to get married and submit a CR1 because you didn't do it right the first time

I can't go back as I can't have the holiday from work until next March.

So I'm completely stuck, there might be the hope that his brother took a photo of us together on a game camera lol. An infrared hunting camera.

If he did, I may be able to get hold of it, if not I just don't know what to do.

I know it's the UK and not Africa or somewhere with a high fraud rate, but I can't risk the denial of an application and then not being able to be with him. ?

There is nothing written in immigration law that says you must produce photos together. Prove you traveled to the US with passport entry stamp, boarding passes, itinerary, etc. Did you arrive in Houston IAH? Then anything he has showing he was in Houston during that same time frame is evidence. Did he use a credit card anywhere? Add the other bits of secondary evidence like Lafayette tickets, cards, statements from relatives. Build the best case for putting you in the same country, state, city as him to prove you met in person. The petition approval requirements are:

1) He is a U.S. citizen (birth certificate or passport)

2) You are both free to marry (divorce decrees if applicable)

3) You each write and sign a statement that you are free to marry and intend to marry within 90 days of your entry on a K1 visa.

4) You have met in person at least ONE time in the last two years.

Then you will apply for a visa from the embassy in London and attend an interview. They do not look at photo albums, love letters, engagement ring receipts. They will ask about his convictions just to see if you know. They will ask things like how you met, what he does for a living, if you liked Louisiana...general chatting questions. Because of only meeting once, your young age, and his criminal record, you can expect more questioning than the average person simply because they want to make sure you know what you are getting into and that you will be safe. That is your opportunity to tell your story and gush with the happiness you have found. Convince them that you have considered it carefully and that he is a good man and they will approve you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thankyou so much, that's put my mind at ease alot, yes I did fly into Houston IAH and he will definitely have statements for it, including the hotel bill and Walmart shopping etc.

Thankyou for your answer. Xx

Thankyou so much, that's put my mind at ease alot, yes I did fly into Houston IAH and he will definitely have statements for it, including the hotel bill and Walmart shopping etc.

Thankyou for your answer. Xx

You landing in Houston (passport stamp and boarding pass) and his receipts in Houston put you and him in the same city at the same time. You met in person. When I submit evidence, I always connect the dots for them. On the photocopy I write in red pen at the bottom what I am pointing out. Red so they notice it. I use a Sharpie marker.

"Mary arrives in Houston, Texas May 1, 2015"

"John makes purchase in Houston, Texas May 1, 2015"

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.