52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok, so I reside in the UK, my fiance lives in the USA, we met online and we got engaged the week before last, in person in his hometown, so now we want to start applying for a fiance visa, so we can start our lives together.

The only flaw is that whilst we were together (11 days) we didn't do very much, we stayed in and 'enjoyed one anothers company' :-) we went out a little, just to do daily things like grocery shopping etc.

Now here is the clincher, he has previous convictions from a young age for drug use and dealing and has mental health problems, bipolar type 1 to be exact and serious social anxieties, so it is difficult for us to be in public places for long periods of time.

He also isn't a photo kind of guy.

So in the 11 days I was with him, we had an incredible time, but I went home with very little physical evidence of our being together, no photos of the two of us :-( and not very many reciepts, so I am stressing now as to what to do with regards to a visa.

I love him more than anything in the universe and I can't live without him.

(By the way he's no longer involved in any illegal activity and is very spiritual.)

Please help me. ?

Oh and we've been together for just over a year.

Edited by Jrook1989

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I am sorry to hear this, but this is very diffucult to happen. I suggest you to live in uk with him, cuz he will not be granted a visa unfortunately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It has been said here often that photos are only secondary.

For the I-129f you only have to prove you were physically together. Your plane tickets are strong evidence as well as your passport entrance stamp, receipts are great, even from grocery shopping. Or your credit card bill. One or two photos would be nice, but try with what you have.

From the UK, you should not have too many problems. I was horrified when I read all the stories of 100s of pages of evidence. I, German, had (from 2 short visits) 2 photos, the tickets, entrance stamps, credit card bill that showed I was in his home town. Never was asked for more evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Phone records, Facebook messages, What apps etc. However you communicate - that's all great evidence of an on going relationship

NOA1: 10/27/15

NOA2: 05/11/15

SENT TO NVC: 05/29/15

RECEIVED BY NVC: 06/05/15

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 06/08/15

LEFT NVC: 06/10/15

RECEIVED BY CONSULATE: 06/16/15

INTERVIEW: 07/16/15 - Approved!

POE: 08/03/15

MARRIED: 09/25/15

AOS SENT & EAD: 10/09/15

NOA 1 AOS: 10/16/15

BIOMETRICS: 11/09/15

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's incredible, thankyou for your reply, do you think it's worth mentioning to the embassy he has to visit about his health problems, before his interview as he can come across as awkward and a bit shifty, lack of eye contact etc.

I'm so nervous to even start the process. Xx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

That's incredible, thankyou for your reply, do you think it's worth mentioning to the embassy he has to visit about his health problems, before his interview as he can come across as awkward and a bit shifty, lack of eye contact etc.

I'm so nervous to even start the process. Xx

Edited by Maria4Garrett

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

As what had been said, you can send in chats , calls log and any other means of communication you have as a proof of bonafide relationship alongwith photos together , airline tickets, boarding passes and hotel reservations ( if any ) as proofs of physical meeting. I may suggest you need not to disclose his medical issues as you will be the one having the medical exam and consulate interview. With regards to his criminal records, the government will surely knows that. And I see no problem with his issues as long as you are aware and has accepted of whatever he has.

Goodluck on your journey!

Edited by Maria4Garrett

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In I-129f you do not have to prove "ongoing relationship", just "proof of having met in the 2 years preceding the petition".

Why would he have to visit the embassy? You will go in for an interview in London eventually. He might not even be allowed in (I don't know for London), and even if he were, I don't think that would make any difference.

Don't make the mistake I made and read too much about problems people had in the Philippines, Marocco or Nigeria. Rules are vastly different from country to country. Look at the regional forums.

The US offices are more concerned about the health of us incoming aliens - if you're ok, that's fine. Financially, it's different - there it counts more what the USC has to offer. Having said that, for the K-1 step you can self-sponsor in London. As for the criminal record, they do run background checks. A convicted murderer would likely not be allowed to petition.

Edited by D.Ba

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You're 25 and he's 49 and you visited him only 11 days bipolar type 1 is very difficult to live with anybody bipolar is very difficult to live with I would suggest you go back again for a second visit before you apply for the visa is and make sure you can live with the whole situation then you'll have more evidence and apply you have to go to the interview he doesn't have to go through a interview for 2 years after you're already in the United States

Timeline

And I would make sure he was taking his medications for bipolar I live with a girl that was bipolar for 5 months I couldn't handle it and I didn't dress for 23 years so you have to really understand the process it's a long term commitment to be with someone who is bipolar you're going to have to do a lot of care taken for him as he ages you have to really understand that when you make that commitment

Timeline

That didn't come out right because I'm talking to a mobile phone I've been a nurse for 23 years and I don't have the patience for bipolar bipolar people are sweet and nice but were there not medicated they do crazy stuff you have to know him a lot better I would suggest come back again for one more visit make sure you have all the evidence you sign a g-325a have all your paperwork go back and he'll have to file the I129F here in United States for you In the UK. Best Wishes

Timeline

I work in a drug detox center and got to understand bipolar a lot of people will self-medicate until they figure out they are bipolar and you will see a lot of drug addictions with bipolar in the younger ages because they don't realize they have it that's probably what happened with your fiance

They can lead normal productive lives I work with other nurses with bipolar but they have to be medicated and stick to I wish you the best it's hard enough to be in a relationship with have to deal with other issues you have to really know someone when they have a background such as that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, so I reside in the UK, my fiance lives in the USA, we met online and we got engaged the week before last, in person in his hometown, so now we want to start applying for a fiance visa, so we can start our lives together.

The only flaw is that whilst we were together (11 days) we didn't do very much, we stayed in and 'enjoyed one anothers company' :-) we went out a little, just to do daily things like grocery shopping etc.

Now here is the clincher, he has previous convictions from a young age for drug use and dealing and has mental health problems, bipolar type 1 to be exact and serious social anxieties, so it is difficult for us to be in public places for long periods of time.

He also isn't a photo kind of guy.

So in the 11 days I was with him, we had an incredible time, but I went home with very little physical evidence of our being together, no photos of the two of us :-( and not very many reciepts, so I am stressing now as to what to do with regards to a visa.

I love him more than anything in the universe and I can't live without him.

(By the way he's no longer involved in any illegal activity and is very spiritual.)

Please help me. ?

Oh and we've been together for just over a year.

If he has 3 or more drug convictions, this will not disqualify you but they will ask you if you are aware at your interview. Use your passport entry, flight itinerary, hotel receipts, credit card receipts from the stores you purchased food etc.. phone records, chats and be sure to mention how you met on what website etc. Photos are not the only evidence of relationship. they do help but not the deal sealer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.