Filippinelady82

Going back to philippines to study NURSING?

44 posts in this topic

You will need to weigh California's requirements for foreign-trained nurses against the high cost of getting a BSN at a U.S. school.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is incorrect.

The issue is concurrency issue, Most are just sitting for NCLEX/PN and becoming a LPN and then making up the course and later becoming a RN. It is not because of fake credentials. I believe now the nursing education system has corrected this also.

California board of nursing doesn't accept foreign nurses at all, at least for now.. They had cases people are applying for nclex with fake credentials. That's why they are strict with that.. I know this because the year i took nclex it was the last yr that they were still accepting foreign graduate nurses. And now i have a friend from california went to the philippines to go to nursing school, went back to california but cannot take california nclex because of their new law. Not even nclex-pn or lvn.. And i knew someone who graduated in the philippines that went back to nursing school in california as LPN, now he was able to take the CA NCLEX-PN

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

California also may have a TOEFL / IELTS requirement for foreign-trained nurses. Check it out on their BON web site.

California BON doesnt require english test.. When i took nclex in CA bon, it was the easiest to deal with in terms of requiremnts.. It was yr 2011, way back when they are still accepting foreign grads.. Here comes 2012, they change their law and stopped accepting foreign grad. Lucky me!

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Timeline

Hello guys does anybody here thinking of going back to philippines to study nursing?

You can go to nursing school in the Philippines, but you can only apply to other state except california for nclex. But be sure that nursing school in the philippines is CHED certified.. And after u graduate, you still have to pass the local philippine board to apply for US nclex it's one of the requiremnt,

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Timeline

It's more like Philippine nursing education doesn't meet the standards of California nursing

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Thanks for the update about California.

Questions:

1. Do all state boards of nursing now require foreign-trained nurses to have passed their local boards? Are there now no exceptions?

2. Will California approve a license by endorsement for foreign-trained nurses?

Timeline

Questions:

1. Do all state boards of nursing now require foreign-trained nurses to have passed their local boards? Are there now no exceptions?

1. Yes, one requirement from most State Board of Nursing is your license from the country you studied, they will ask your credentials directly from PRC.

2. No, if you endorse your license CA BON will still ask for your school credentials.

maybe in the coming years, CA BON will change it's rules esp if there will be shortage of nurses as it is very hard to go in to a nursing school in CAlifornia..

here's a good read, about Filipino nurses trying to apply for California nursing license, date 2012 as it was the year California changed its rules against foreign graduate nurses.

http://allnurses.com/nclex-discussion-forum/california-bon-nclex-692094.html

http://allnurses.com/nurse-registration/recent-ca-bon-687636.html

http://allnurses.com/nurse-registration/who-is-to-682278.html

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/04/16 - Check cashed

5/17/16 - AOS interview

Thanks for the links, Chillin4me.

I wonder if the state of New Mexico now requires the local boards. There used to be a few stares that didn't require passing the local boards.

Thank you for sharing this one...what an eye opener.It seems like California is the most strict amongst 52 other state when it comes to medicine field well most of the cases.

What im thinking is I am not going to work here in California but in West Virginia. I've been doing a lot of re-search about this school it's called "arellano university " in manila they offered international BSN as I mentioned earlier the 3 years will be taken in Philippines and the last year will be taken in West Virginia at Broaddus university and will receive your diploma from this school. And can work to any hospital around after you passed the nclex.Sounds like really nice deal huh? Well I have talked to the school head when I was in philippines and they introduce to some of the students that has been studying over there.Tuition is around 4,000$ per yer and the last year in West Virginia will cost you 28,000$ including lodging.I was thinking of taking this route.but I want to investigate more around.reason why I posted it here hopefully someday have done it and will share their experience.?

2. No, if you endorse your license CA BON will still ask for your school credentials.

If the credentials satisfied California's concurrency requirements, would California grant the endorsement?

Lol! You were right there are 50 states in United States and In addition to the 50 states, there is one Federal District (the District of Columbia - Washington, D.C) and five territories that have various commonwealth status:

American Samoa

Guam

Northern Marianas Islands

Puerto Rico

U.S. Virgin Islands.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

any uscitizen spouse around?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Questions:

No not all states require that. Texas and many others you don't need local license in order to get approved to sit for NCLEX

California if you are a US Citizen only you are not allowed to sit for Local Exam in Philippines, but you can still get your license from Cali. BON

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

California board of nursing doesn't accept foreign nurses at all, at least for now.. They had cases people are applying for nclex with fake credentials. That's why they are strict with that.. I know this because the year i took nclex it was the last yr that they were still accepting foreign graduate nurses. And now i have a friend from california went to the philippines to go to nursing school, went back to california but cannot take california nclex because of their new law. Not even nclex-pn or lvn.. And i knew someone who graduated in the philippines that went back to nursing school in california as LPN, now he was able to take the CA NCLEX-PN

You have so many wrong answers.

They have gotten stricter due to the Govenor of California a few years ago firing all the people on the Board of Nursing for the poor job they were doing, and yes now they have gotten stricter.

They are still accepting international applicants and issuing license, Where you got the answer they are not accepting international applicant is mind blowing.

The issue is concurrency

Go to All Nurses and read all about it in the World Nursing....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.