Jump to content

Tax Transcripts

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

USCIS is asking to bring for Tax Transcipts for last 5 years. How can I get for 2010?

They are only available for last 4 years from IRS. I have faxed, called IRS for previous year. I received letter saying previous years tax transcripts not available. I have filed taxes for 2010

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

prepare an affidavit (examples online) saying IRS says only 4 years available and use your W 2's from the other year they are accepted.

Why they told you not available is strange / i got them all the way back to 2007 from my local office and they keep them from day 1.

when you read instructions on the I 864 form it says IRS trqanscript of photocopy from your own records. if you provide photocopies, you you must iclude a copy lf each and every W 2 and form 1099 that relates to your return. Do not include on the years you have transcript for IRS. BTW IRS is no longer allowed to stamp them with a date stamp or any other.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered a Return Transcript & Account Transcript for 2010. You can order any year, 1962 or greater. Here is what I did, step by step.

Call 800-829-1040

Press #1 for English

Press #2 for Personal Income Taxes

Press #1 for Questions about Tax History

Press #2 for Account or Tax Return Transcripts

Enter Your Social Security Number

Press #1 to confirm the number

Enter the numbers of your street address

Press #4 to receive Return Transcript & Account Transcript for a given year

Enter the year

Press #1 to confirm the year

Press #3 to end the call

If you receive an error saying that information is not available, instead press #2. That will simply request the Return Transcript and not the Account Transcript

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to request account transcript for 2010. IRS will not send tax transcript for any year other than last filed and prior 3 years. I just got my a/c transcript in mail. It has all relevant information. Thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.