robyprime

Evidence of a bonafide marriage & misc

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi there,

Me and my wife (the US citizen) got married 2 months ago after 2 years of relationship. As many recently married couples we don't have that much evidence to fill with the I-130. Due to work related issues we only saw each one only 2 times, she came over (I wasn't able to visit US due to them not granting me a tourist visa – not enough ties), about 2 weeks total in which we visited a few countries, got some nice pictures together. And when she can travel, it's only for at most 1 week (and take 20 hours of out of it due to flight time).

We also don't have that many pictures of our wedding, I don't have any friends where I live now and only my mom was present, so by most MTV wedding standards, the wedding wasn't that pompous, about 5 person total including the witnesses and the clerk (heh).

What we do have, is a joint company, it's the way we met, while working together for a few years things started to build up into an actual romantic relationship. But I am afraid that this might look somehow weird to them, usually people meet on facebook heh, but I might overthink this.

Evidence so far:

1. A 3 year old company (we were not together when we started, I was an employee/co-founder)

2. 2 Trips taken together (maybe we could get 1-2 more before the actual interview)

3. Gifts and chat transcripts (although are quite bare, as what we'd actually show? it's either sexy talk or stupid stuff, we mostly spoke via Skype video/phone)

4. Legal documents (marriage certificate)

And that's kinda it, we kept our names as well because it'd have complicate things for her at the moment.

So, question time, will the company be a good thing for us or no and if so, is it OK to submit with this not-so-much evidence?

I've been calling some banks to get some joint accounts, but pretty hard if not impossible to get any if you're not on US soil.

Edit:

So I wont split this into 2 topics. I've sent the documents to her already but forgot to send the G-325A form and I see it requires a signature, is it OK if I use an e-signature?

Also, I've sent her the original marriage certificate, it already comes translated into 3 languages, is it OK if she just sends a xerox copy? Does it need to be notarized?

I apologize for the long read.

Thank you.

Edited by robyprime

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.