ivanlabour

Past still hunting me

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there, so here goes my story, I will just need your input I know none of us can predict the future.

In 2006 I entered USA on F1 visa and soon after I failed to register for classes because of my fallout with my sponsor at the moment, I left USA 2 years later broken because I could not figure out my status. I do not have a 10 year ban because of the D/S loophole so to say. I did however broke immigration rules, so that was 7 to 9 years ago and now I am in Canada on my second work permit and will want to go to USA for a holiday. I do need to apply for a visa because my EU passport does not allow me to do visa waiver program.

Do you think I have any chance of ever stepping on US soil again?

This past has hunted me for a while, I finished maritime school and was supposed to go sail on a crude oil tanker but for it I needed C1D visa and I was scared to apply for it even though my future depended on it...

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm trying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Also I own realeastate in EU. I am 28. Also I would love to start my sailing career and I would hate to spend money on it again and risk being denied visa, but as someone wise once said we miss 100% of shots we do not take

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no way you can guarantee acceptance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Ex Yugloslavia ok thanks all. I am just a good example of how doing something stupid as overstaying can make you change your whole life 9 years after the beginning of overstay. I will google about i 192

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.