1 post in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Dear VJrs,

I've been using the forum for a long time (heck, you helped me on my journey from K-1 to LPR to US Citizen), and now I need to pick your lovely brains again.

My father will be traveling to US within couple of weeks with his brand new visa (IR5) which he obtained through me (US citizen). As soon as he receives his green card my father intends to apply for his 18-year old son (my brother) to immigrate who would fall under F2A category .

I have 3 questions:

1) How much time could my father spend in his old country without jeopardizing my brother's application? My dad is 70 years old and would prefer to be with the rest of the family abroad. Of course, he is willing to stay in the USA for as long as it takes for my brother to get here.

2) At what point of F2A immigration process does the USCIS/CBP/DOS check on the status of the petitioner's (my father's) green card?

3) What are the latest wait times for son/daughter applications of green card holders? How good of a chance does my brother have of immigrating before turning 21? Is it still true that his age doesn't freeze during NVC processing?

Many thanks!

Edited by VJ F2A

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.