Sawa N Ab

Am I ready to file my petition?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Ya'll,

I am extremely nervous at the moment because I feel like I am missing something or that this has just been to easy for us. (I travel a lot with a dog so gathering documents does not scare me.) So I decided to ask the people with experience if I have all the required documents to file my petition...

Our Background Story:

I meet my finance, Abhishek, in Bangkok, Thailand in May, 2012 where we both were in graduate schools receiving our masters of arts in International Relations. We started dating in July, bought our dog in September, and graduated in May. After graduation, I returned to the states for three months and then we moved to Kathmandu, Nepal. We lived there for about six months and then I came home till November. I moved to his home country, India, in November, 2014 and lived with his family for three months in Guwahati, Assam. We moved to New Delhi in January and got engaged in June. We decided it was time for him to come to the states so we started the K1 visa process. I moved back home on July 8th and we are hoping he will follow by March :)

I was extremely lucky to be able to fill out most of these applications with my finance so getting the information required was no problem.

My Petition includes:

G-form that allows notification by text

Cover Letter

Payment in the amount of $340

I-129F

I-129F Supplement Part 2, Question 34.a

G-325A and passport style phone (mine)

G-235a Supplement: Continuation of Addresses and Employment in the last 5 years

G-325A and passport style phone (Abhishek)

G-235a Supplement: Continuation of Addresses and Employment in the last 5 years

Birth Certificate

Letter certifiying intent to marry (for the both of us and signed)

Proof of relationship

- Notified letters stating that we are single (mine is from the US embassy in India and his is just a notarized letter from India)

-17 pictures from the last three years with two including photos with his family

-print out of etickets from our travels (mainly my flights)

-copies of our visa stamps in our passports (both with each copy signed)

- lease agreements for two our apartments

- copy of receipt for purchase of the ring

I am hoping to find travel documents for our dog with both of our names on them.

I decided to not add fb and skype messages at the moment because it would be way too much...but will add copies of my skype charges when he goes to the interview so that he can show proof of continue of relationship.

Do we think this is enough for the petition? I am just getting so nervous because I just keep reading the forum and everyone situation is different so I don't know what to expect. Also with the requirements changing every year, I don't know which questions and worries are still relevant. So I decided to ask the forum and hopefully if I need to add anything or fix something I will be able to.

Also what is the procedure for updating the information on the petition because in a few months I will have to change my address and employment.

Well I hope that I have everything and that someone is willing to point out what I should fix. Also I hope this posts helps out another nervous filler because this K1 visa is time consuming and we all need friends who can relate to the heartache of being separated from the person they we love.

Cheers,

Sara

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Check the reviews on the embassy he will interview at. If it's a difficult one, you may want to include the Skype/Facebook messages, or at least a sample. For my petition, I included a print out of how many FB messages we had to that date. You need to go to the laptop (full site), get the the "messages" part to get his messages on main screen, then scoll up. When it stops to load, it will ask you or will tell you how many messages it is loading with a quantity count in parenthesis. I took a screen print of this, pasted it to a Word document and cropped it to enlarge the important stuff. It verifies the date the conversation was and shows how many messages you sent between each other as of that date. For a professional look, I included our names as a footer.

I sent that in the original petition, but included two more to show the estimated quantity of our messages at three different points in time. I also included some lovey-dovey messages between ourselves too.

I don't think that you will need to change any info on the Form G-325A. However, when you sent your information to back up the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support, you can include the information from your new job at that time. You may want to include pay stubs from your job that you have right now (since you may not have the Form W-2) and a statement that you have a new job since USCIS approval. Heck, why not even send an updated Form G-325A when he goes to his interview! I think you send a new Form G-325A when you AOS after he's here and you marry.

That's so cute that you travel with your dog! I sure hope I can sometime too! Aurora loves to travel, but I don't know if she would appreciate a long, international plane trip, though!!

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.