Reggaeboys

Decision cannot yet be made due to child support

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I had my interview on July 15 and passed my Civil, Reading and Writing test. My IO was very nice I must add. Then she askED for proof of support going back to 5yrs for my 16yr daughter living in the U.S and my son who is living overseas who never travel outside his country. I only have one month to produce proof. The only problem is...both (banks and western union) can only provide these statement in about 30days which is a problem because I don't have that much time to send it in.

P.S I have no court order child support. or kept any receipt.
Any suggestion?

Thanks guys

Edited by Reggaeboys

Timeline

Can you log in? To both Western Union and the Bank and print the proof out?

Well statement online only goes back a year not 5yrs..I already send in a request which could take sometime to get back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bank should be able to print out something showing transactions based on how you were paying. It's it bank to bank transfer or if you were using checks it should be no issue as long as you still have the same account you had 5 years ago.

Have you asked if having the mother to write a notarized letter would be sufficient? Just something stated there was no formal child support but you have support the kids during the period in question?

Did Western Union say they would be able to send the logs to you? When I contacted them for the transaction log between hubby and I they said we had to have each MTCN number or the exact date of each transfer.

Good Luck.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Timeline

Bank should be able to print out something showing transactions based on how you were paying. It's it bank to bank transfer or if you were using checks it should be no issue as long as you still have the same account you had 5 years ago.

Have you asked if having the mother to write a notarized letter would be sufficient? Just something stated there was no formal child support but you have support the kids during the period in question?

Did Western Union say they would be able to send the logs to you? When I contacted them for the transaction log between hubby and I they said we had to have each MTCN number or the exact date of each transfer.

Good Luck.

"Have you asked if having the mother to write a notarized letter would be sufficient?"

Well if I understand to this letter correctly..they want this notarized letter with evidence of payment. The bank already mailing this statement and westen union is promise to send it to my..email fingers cross.

Filed: Timeline

They want to prove responsibility & bond to the child also that no child support is owed in

custodial parent mind or the courts, one payment really wont cut it, verifiable proof you

were a part of the childs life , a notorized statement from mom saying you owes nothing,

receipts you may have if you paid school fees, or for sport activities, pictures together

all this may help to prove nothing is owed , but a few payments way back ....

Timeline

So I had my interview on July 15 and passed my Civil, Reading and Writing test. My IO was very nice I must add. Then she askED for proof of support going back to 5yrs for my 16yr daughter living in the U.S and my son who is living overseas who never travel outside his country. I only have one month to produce proof. The only problem is...both (banks and western union) can only provide these statement in about 30days which is a problem because I don't have that much time to send it in.

P.S I have no court order child support. or kept any receipt.
Any suggestion?

Thanks guys

You can call western union and they will email you a form you must send back with a copy of your ID, they will send you a statement with everytime you have sent to any name you stated on that form, they can go back years.

Timeline

They want to prove responsibility & bond to the child also that no child support is owed in

custodial parent mind or the courts, one payment really wont cut it, verifiable proof you

were a part of the childs life , a notorized statement from mom saying you owes nothing,

receipts you may have if you paid school fees, or for sport activities, pictures together

all this may help to prove nothing is owed , but a few payments way back ....

Ok I will check if a sworn statement will work. But still hoping to receive my bank statements in time.

You can call western union and they will email you a form you must send back with a copy of your ID, they will send you a statement with everytime you have sent to any name you stated on that form, they can go back years.

Waiting on both bank and WU statement.

Thank for the input.

Timeline

Ok I will check if a sworn statement will work. But still hoping to receive my bank statements in time.

Waiting on both bank and WU statement.

Thank for the input.

you are welcome

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update..they accepted my evidence of (Bank statements, and letter from both moms) even though they only need letters from both moms saying there is no child support pending... I wasn't taking any chances with just the letters.

Attended my oath ceremony last Friday, sworn in :joy:

Thanks VJ members for all your inputs.

Edited by Reggaeboys

Timeline

Update..they accepted my evidence of (Bank statements, and letter from both moms) even though they only need letters from both moms saying there is no child support pending... I wasn't taking any chances with just the letters.

Attended my oath ceremony last Friday, sworn in :joy:

Congrats !!!

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

• 5 months later...

Attended my oath ceremony last Friday, sworn in :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am curious. What does child support have to do with applying for citizenship? I didn't seen any requirement around that.

Thanks,

Lyn and Art

K1 VISA
Feb 17 2009 - Met Online
Apr 19 2009 - 1st Visit to the Philippines
Nov 03 2009 - 2nd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 04 2009 - Engaged
Apr 20 1010 - 3rd Visit to the Philippines
Nov 19 2010 - I-129F Mailed to Texas Lock Box
Nov 22 2010 - Received Date
Nov 29 2010 - NOA1
May 12 2011 - NOA2 Email and Text that we are approved (165-days)! Oh Thank God!
May 16 2011 - NOA2 Hard copy Received

Jul 07 2011 - Lyn and the girls pass their medicals - Thank God!
Jul 22 2011 - Interview - APPROVED
Aug 01 2011 - Picked up visas from 2GO
Aug 03 2011 - CFO Seminar
Aug 13 2011 - POE Detroit
Sep 23 2011 - Married

AOS

May 1 2012 - Mailed I-485 for Marilyn and the Girls
May 16 2012 - NOA-1 Text and Email Received
Jun 23 2012 - REF - Need tax returns for K2s
Jan 31 2013 - GC's For Lyn and Gwen. Got a REF for Uriel's Medical
Mar 21 2013 - Got CG for Uriel. We are done for 2 years

ROC

Dec 27 2014 Mailed I-751

Jan 05 2015 NOA-1 Received

Sept 24 2015 REF - Need more info to establish residency and shared financials

Dec 05 2015 Mail Response to Ref

Jan 25 2016 Received approved NOA-1

Feb 1 2016 10 year GC's received for Lyn and the girls - on to citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.