SaltUponWounds

Several issues regarding questions on G325a and I-129f

9 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Let me first say, thanks for your current and future help!

I am to become a US Citizen shortly, but I am preparing a K1 visa packet for my fiancee, which i cannot wait to see. I am filling out the forms and do have several questions for you.

Form G325a seems to have expired on 2/28/2015. There is no newer form on USCIS's website. Is that a problem?

On the G325a form for myself (a US citizen to be) what should i note in "CITIZENSHIP/NATIONALITY" (again after i attend the Oath ceremony) - Should i write "AMERICAN" or "US"?

On the G325a form should i provide my A number, since i will be a citizen? I thought it was only relevant if you are a PR... In general is the Alien number relevant after Citizenship?

On the bottom of G325a, i have to provide the Alien number again? This is related to the above questions, i guess.

On form I-129f Part 1, Question 3: Again, it asks me for A number?

Evidence:

Proof of Citizenship? I am planning on submitting a copy of naturalization certificate, as opposed to each page of my passport. Reason for that is i can submit i-129f packet immediately after my oath ceremony, rather than waiting 3-5 weeks for passport. Is that a problem? Is it better to send passport copy?

Is it better to send pictures, printed on a photo paper, then hand-signed and description on the back? Or, just print them on an A4 regular printer paper, tagged with whom and where the pic took place?

Thank you for your time and elaborate answers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there!

Let me first say, thanks for your current and future help!

I am to become a US Citizen shortly, but I am preparing a K1 visa packet for my fiancee, which i cannot wait to see. I am filling out the forms and do have several questions for you.

Form G325a seems to have expired on 2/28/2015. There is no newer form on USCIS's website. Is that a problem?

The OMB(Office of Management and Budget) expiration date only matters internally for the USCIS. That expiration date has nothing to do with whether or not it will be acceptable for you to use. The edition date is what matters. The accepted edition dates for the forms are listed on the site where the forms can be found and downloaded.

The G-325A states this. > http://www.uscis.gov/g-325a

Edition Date

02/07/13. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, customers may file using the 02/07/13 edition or other previous editions.

On the G325a form for myself (a US citizen to be) what should i note in "CITIZENSHIP/NATIONALITY" (again after i attend the Oath ceremony) - Should i write "AMERICAN" or "US"?

Either works

On the G325a form should i provide my A number, since i will be a citizen? I thought it was only relevant if you are a PR... In general is the Alien number relevant after Citizenship?

On the bottom of G325a, i have to provide the Alien number again? This is related to the above questions, i guess.

On form I-129f Part 1, Question 3: Again, it asks me for A number?

To answer all of these> You can provide it or not. People have been approved either way.

Evidence:

Proof of Citizenship? I am planning on submitting a copy of naturalization certificate, as opposed to each page of my passport. Reason for that is i can submit i-129f packet immediately after my oath ceremony, rather than waiting 3-5 weeks for passport. Is that a problem? Is it better to send passport copy?

Copy of the naturalization certificate is all you need.

Is it better to send pictures, printed on a photo paper, then hand-signed and description on the back? Or, just print them on an A4 regular printer paper, tagged with whom and where the pic took place?

Either, but it is easier to include several photos per regular paper and include them with the rest of your documents, as they will be the same size and fit in USCIS's folders.

Thank you for your time and elaborate answers!

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Two more questions came to mind:

Do i fill out and sign my fiance's G325a form or does she? (Sorry, if it is a dumb question i just have to make sure ;-))

I know all forms have to be hand-signed AND i do know they want you to also fill out the forms (if writing info in them, as opposed to typing) with BLACK pen. Well, isnt it harder to figure out if they are hand-signed if it is black ink ? I signed my N400 with blue ink pen (just the signature) and i thought that was better proof that they are indeed hand-signed.

Thanks for your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

She signs her own form G325a, either black or blue ink is ok.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

She signs her own form G325a, either black or blue ink is ok.

Thank you!

In the Letter of Intent what should be USCIS address that me and my fiance have to fill out? Is it the Texas dropbox? Since we dont know where our case is going to be transferred to right? Please help. Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Thank you!

In the Letter of Intent what should be USCIS address that me and my fiance have to fill out? Is it the Texas dropbox? Since we dont know where our case is going to be transferred to right? Please help. Thank you!

No address is needed on the letter of intent, just a simple statement and signature, add them to the petition.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you!

Put the address you send the I-129F petition to, OR put no addresses at all. They are not a requirement.

These samples work perfectly >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (USC petitioner’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (foreign fiance(e)’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of (his/her) entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks a lot! I was following up on the Sample given in the K1 Guide here on VisaJourney.com. They had the address of the USCIS Service Center mentioned.

Put the address you send the I-129F petition to, OR put no addresses at all. They are not a requirement.

These samples work perfectly >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (USC petitioner’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (foreign fiance(e)’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of (his/her) entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.